HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/80798-what-has-been-highlight-your-bowhunting-thus-far.html)

buckeye 11-29-2004 03:09 PM

What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far?

What is your highlight, turning point or proudest moment thus far in your bow hunting addiction?

It doesn't have to be an animal harvest but what you consider your best moment in bowhunting?

MO_Bowhnter 11-29-2004 03:22 PM

RE: What has been the highlight to your bowhunting thus far?

I have had a slow season so far but my best moment so far is when I had two does bed under an evergreen 15 yds. away on a real windy day. It was time to go (11 a.m.) but I could not get them to move. I threw stuff made lots of noise but with the wind in my face and strong they laid there. Finally aroung 12:00 they got up and moved up the hill. As me and my friend got down, he decided to go on a stalk through a creek bed to where they again bedded down 40 yds. away. He got within 20 yds. and took a nice doe. It was a fun experience.

bigredneck 11-29-2004 03:25 PM

i would say when i shot two does in one week which is quite the accomplishment to me 5 years of gun hunting nothing to show 2 years of bowhunting and 3 deer not to bad if you ask me

Pa Trophy Man 11-29-2004 03:31 PM

Most of the buck i had killed with a bow where during the rut and i never knew they were on the property. This is the first year, that i actually took a buck i had spotted several times before the season.

TURKEY FAN 11-29-2004 03:34 PM

Mine would be, the knowledge i have gain over the years and it seem each year i understand how they think and see things that i never could see, like buck corridor, or funnels, or bedding area's. I have played a game of chess with these bucks this year and i won of course. I have grown so much in this sport.

cardeer 11-29-2004 04:31 PM

Letting small deer walk

Deerslayer_37 11-29-2004 04:37 PM

gotta be getting my first deer with a bow. nothing better yet than that. i've also been able to closely observe whitetails and i have used this not only to bowhunt, but during rifle season as well. i think after 1 1/2 years of bowhunting, im a million times better hunter than i used to be.its given me patience as well as the art of acting in stealth. absolutely no funner thing to do in the world.

slayer

BowHuntingFool 11-29-2004 04:39 PM

This was the first time that I actually PASSED on a deer, a button buck! Instead I shot him with my video camera. I watched him graze towards me for about 15 minutes and when I noticed he had "buttons" I decided not to shoot with my bow! I felt pretty good about this. This was a brand new spot and first time I hunted it. That was the last evening of the early bow season(thursday). Then on Sunday morning with my shotgun I harvested a mature doe from the same tree. I was pretty stoked. Can you say GOOD KARMA! Also harvested a doe on sunday night! Good luck!

C-WOODS-SHOOT 11-29-2004 04:42 PM

My turning point was the beginning of the 2001 hunting season. After 15 years of deer hunting and many oppurtunities to shoot a wallhanger I had nothing to show for it. I had managed to shoot something every year and I was proud of each one, but I wanted something to hang on the wall. Every time I had a chance at a big one something went wrong. So I prayed to God at the beginning of the 2001 season and asked him to give me some sort of sign to let me know if I should keep hunting after that season was over. In November of that year I shot a nice 8-point and forgot all about my prayer until I got the deer home and realized it had a white spot in the shape of a C on the front of its neck under the normal white spot. That just happens to be the initial of my first name. So I continued to hunt. 2002 produced an 11 point, and 2003 a 9 point. They all hang on my living room wall and remind me every day the power of prayer and faith. I can achieve nothing on my own, but anything is possible with help from above.

bscofield 11-29-2004 05:13 PM

seeing the largest deer I've ever seen outside of a hunting video! Didn't even know deer this big were on the property!