Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What should i  do? >

What should i do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should i do?

Old 11-27-2004, 02:24 AM

Default What should i do?

I am thinking about taking another fall of in Montana from college so i have all of it to hunt. I did this back in 2002 with a buddy and am now thinking about doing it again. I missed the 2004 season cause i am in this lil iraqy thing. I just cant decide if i should go right back to college and hunt weekends, or if i should take the fall off and hunt all the time. I still would do summer school. Hmmmmmm Hard choice huh. Dam Elk
Old 11-28-2004, 03:16 AM

Default RE: What should i do?

Because you are in this Iraqi thing, I would say thank you first! And second I would say you should do whatever you want to do, I believe you are leaning on taking a year off to hunt, so just do it!
Old 11-28-2004, 04:13 PM

Tough choice.
Everything has different circumstances but IMHO
GO TO SCHOOL,hunt weekends and any other chance that comes along.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Someday you may not be able to hunt, for whatever reason. But colleges aren't going anywhere, hunt all you can while you still can...School will always be there later.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Spike

I too, would like to say thank you for the "iraqi thing" You have your whole life to hunt. GO TO SCHOOL AND COMPLETE YOUR EDUCATION!!. I know of too many people who delay getting a degree for whatever reason, without ever going back. They all have one thing in common--MAJOR REGRETS!!
As for Pa Trophy Man, I'm embarrased to say that I live in the same state as you for that ridiculous reply.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:59 PM

Hey man as a college student I too believe that you should go to school as soon as you can, and then you can get out as soon as you can. If you aren't too far away from your huntin' country while you are at school, you can still hunt on weekends and breaks for holidays and what-not. That's what I do anyway. Good luck with school, whenever you go back.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just completed night school, and while in school I couldn't wait until the end so I didn't have to spend so much time on schoolwork. That way when deer season came around, I would be able to focus on hunting much more.

I do have more time now I guess, but I would be very frustrated if I delayed school and still had classes to take. I hunted throughout school anyway.

Now I can proudly say I have a Bachelors Degree from Johns Hopkins. It's all over and now and I can sit in my tree stand not worrying about homework.

Yes, it goes fast. You will be out before you know it. Bottom line - Don't delay school, just get it done and learn many great things. HUNTING will always be there, big bucks and all.

Thanks for your honorable service in the Middle East. I spent a year there myself.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

You can always re-take a class but you can never re-live a hunt.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:24 PM

I would like to say thanks. Go to school and hunt on weekends don't put it off because if you do you will keep putting it off.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was one that put off college for a year and never went back! Go to school and hunt the weekends! After you graduate and get a great career, you will take the time and have the Money to hunt where and when you want! JMO