Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ARe these people democrates or what?? >

ARe these people democrates or what??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ARe these people democrates or what??

Old 11-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ARe these people democrates or what??

Bowhunters Are Targets For Extinction

Animal Rights Groups to Announce Plan to Merge, Ban Bowhunting

(Columbus) - The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance (USSA) has learned that the nation's principal anti-hunting organizations will announce a merger on Monday, November 22. In announcing the merger, the unified anti-hunting group will reveal its intention to target bowhunters for extinction.

The USSA, a national organization founded to protect the rights of sportsmen to hunt, fish and trap, has been following a rumor that the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and the Fund for Animals are preparing to combine forces.

The HSUS, located in Washington, D.C., is the nation's largest animal rights organization raising nearly $60 million in 2002. The Fund for Animals is the most vociferous anti-hunting organization and is headquartered in New York City. It raised $6.7 million in 2003.

Scripps Howard News Service reporter Lance Gay confirmed the merger announcement to USSA late Friday afternoon. Gay stated that sources within the groups confirmed that the new organization would seek to ban bowhunting as a first priority.

In response, USSA announced an emergency meeting of bowhunting organizations, businesses and publications to prepare to counter the attack. The Alliance created the Bowhunter Defense Coalition to defeat a series of attacks on bowhunters during the late 1980s.

"The merger announcement serves as a wake up call to bowhunting groups to reunite to defeat what promises to be a powerful attack on our heritage from this monstrous anti-hunting group," said Rick Story, U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance senior vice president. "To win, we will need to energize the vast grassroots network of sportsmen across this country."

Over the years, the Fund for Animals and HSUS have been the two most formidable organizations working to ban hunting. While the Fund for Animals has been openly hostile to hunters, HSUS has attempted to mask its intentions by raising funds using puppy calendars for promotions. Earlier this year, HSUS appointed former Fund for Animals official Wayne Pacelle to the position of CEO. Combined with the merger announcement, Pacelle's appointment leaves little doubt about the agenda of the newly merged organization. According to public filings the new organization will have combined assets of as much as $97 million to implement its anti-hunting agenda.

The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.

What the hell is wrong with people?? Ya know they never tried this stuff back in fred bear's day!! Why now? I just dont get it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

» Top » Talk About This Article
Old 11-23-2004, 01:04 PM

Default RE: ARe these people democrates or what??

These people are crazy. I just happened to catch "next weeks episode" clip for Trading Spouses. A veagen was swapped for a crocodile lady from Louisiana. Anyways, the veagen and all her friends are crazy enough to catch and release bugs. And they don't understand why people "just can't let things live" Unbelievable.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:16 PM

TurkeyFan-Why do you have to turn this into a Democrat and Republican thing? I agree that the ani's are bad, I just don't see why you have to turn it into a democrat and republican thing.. That would be like saying that all Republicans bomb places that do abortions. Which I know isn't true.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:49 PM

So funny, ya know, because my boyfriend is a HUGE hunter, but he is also a HUGE democrat! It kinda freaks me out, but to each their own.

Sport made a good point though, not all of us Rebublicans are going to go out and bomb an abortion clinic just because we'd rather not see that choice made...

Every group has an extremist and it is unfortunate because then we all get bagged as a whole... NO GOOD!

As for the article, I'd be hard pressed to think they will actually get what they want.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:20 PM

They will never get it to pass.One reason being,insurance companys will have a field day.No one hunting,means more deer ,more deer equals more car insurance claims from collisons with deer on the road and they will lose their a@@es on that law.Plus every senator will get swamped with calls from hunters alike.They will never get that plan into action,they may as well give it up and mind their buisness!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Are these people democrates or what??

Good point. I'd like to see every one of them Anti's hit a deer with there car.Then see if they think deer suffer less that way than they do being shot with an arrow. I've had quite a few animals not even know I shot them. You can bet they know if they were hit with a car.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

WEll let me excuse my heading. I used the word democrate because in my perception of the them is they always try something like this. My fault.
NO hard feelings, i do however think these people need to be dealt with the old fashion way.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:31 PM

Keep in mind that hunting is an approx. $30 Billion industry
Old 11-23-2004, 03:32 PM

Yah, if they would actually hunt, or even tag along with a hunter, they would see that the ratio of wounded deer in hunting to car accidents is a wee bit UNbalanced!

Also, I think many deer are dead as soon as the arrow/bullet hits them as long is it's a well placed shot, when they run, it's pure adrenaline taking over their bodies...
Old 11-23-2004, 03:37 PM

Keep in mind that hunting is an approx. $30 Billion industry
Yeah, and it is only going to continue to grow as often as they raise the price of resident AND NR tags.

What do they hope to accomplish anyway? I can SOMEWHAT see the point with guns (although I firmly hold to the notion that guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people), but seriously, I don't think I have EVER heard of anyone murdering someone with a bow and arrow... not since the civil war era anyway. It's just their pathetic attempt to keep knocking away and doing away with hunting altogether, but their efforts I'm happy to see will most likely always be in vain.

Quick Reply: ARe these people democrates or what??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.