Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nice Buck pic!

Old 11-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Nice Buck pic!

This Is a pic of a Buddie of mine, and his Buffalo County Wisconsin buck from a couple years ago! The funny thing is after he shot it it ran to the neighbors property where someone else arrowed it also. No confrontation... The other guy just wanted a picture with the buck. That was pretty good of the guy....... It could of gotten ugly

Old 11-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nice Buck pic!

Was the SHot your buddy put on it, a KILLING SHOT? or would it have survived? I mean, it was still alive for the other guy to shoot it..

I dont know if i would have been able to give it up if I shot it, even though someone arrowed it already.. Depends on the shot....
Old 11-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

My Buddie put a heart shot on it and the other guy double lunged it. My Buddie shot it right under his stand. They weren't hunting very far apart. The other guy didn't know he was already shot till he got down and seen a blood trail going the way the deer came from!
Old 11-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well at least the other guy didn't get mad and shoot him.That's a great looking buck and a good story .I'm sure both guy's will alway' remember that buck .

nubo
Old 11-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Buck!!!

Sounds like it had an amicable ending.

Unlike the one about the two Michigan hunters had that ruined a friendship over a 17 point buck. The story ran in last months 'Deer & Deer Hunting' magazine. In this months magazine they said they had more response from that article than any they have ever printed.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
c j
Typical Buck

In the required bowhunter safety courses they teach in SD, they have a thing called the 'unwritten rule' which states that the animal should go to the first hunter who makes a lethal shot. Sounds like those guys ended up going by that guideline. Good to hear.

Great buck, btw.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:17 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Just think, though - how bad would it suck to be the guy who arrows that buck, only to find out that someone already hit it.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good buck
Old 11-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck for sure,and congrats to your buddy.Your right,things could have got nasty,a pat on the back for the guy that shot him second,he sounds like one heck of a sportsman.Now your friend did give him a roast or steak or something from the deer ?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a dandy!!!

Quick Reply: Nice Buck pic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.