Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Sit & Climb? >

Lone Wolf Sit & Climb?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit & Climb?

Old 11-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lone Wolf Sit & Climb?

Does anyone who owns one of these stands, wish he'd of bought something different? If so Why? I realize it is pricey, but am more concerned with weight, quietness, safety, and ease of use. I usually walk in a minimun of a half mile to where I want to hunt and weight is very important especially since I'm also carrying my pack and bow and arrows...not to mention the extra 40 pounds I've put on since quitting smoking about 7 years ago.[]
Old 11-21-2004, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit & Climb?

Have you sat in one? I suggest doing that if you can first. I love my Lone Wolf climber but I am not a wide guy.

For safety, ease of use, quietness while packing and climbing it cannot be beat. It packs very flat and the belts are above or level with your shoulders so it won't catch lower limbs or brush. But as I said, if you are a bigger guy you may not like it.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine!!! If your a wide guy then this stand is not for you. I rigged my seat so it sits higher for bowhunting and then bring it down for gun hunting. I just plop down on the seat and don't even have to budge for 4 or 5 hours. Very packable, ultra quiet, light, just an all around awesome stand. Well worth the money IMO.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Lone Wolf is a great stand but it was just too uncomfortable for my 6' , 235 lb. frame to sit in for any length of time. The new seat looks to be a great improvement but I would definately try one out before I bought it.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

VAhuntr,
I too fall into that 6 foot 235 range. Is the climber you have the Sit & Climb or the other one? I won't even consider their hand climbing model. Please let me know since we are close to the same size. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

rcd567,

I had the Sit & Climb model but sold it and bought the Summit Viper. I am so much happier with the Viper. I think you would be happy with the Viper or the Goliath. Take a look at a Summit, I think you will be impressed.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

VAhuntr,

Thanks for the reply. Believe your right. Going to look around to see if I can find one on sale.