Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blown bow

Old 11-19-2004, 04:43 PM

Default Blown bow

I just got my buddy on my team into bow hunting. He went out and bought a PSE. You guys all know how much it can cost to get a complete bow set up, but he was hell bent on buying all his own stuff.. In any case this poor guy had his bow 3 days and it blew up in his face while drawing an arrow. Apparently the Warrenty guy said that the cam had not been deburred to satisfaction so it cut the string on the bottom cam. Now this guy is not too sure about his bow even though they replaced the strings and cam... I am just trying to get a feel for anyone who might have had this happen to them I am pretty sure that the bow is fine but then again it is not mine.... [:@]
Old 11-20-2004, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Blown bow

That's a good way of getting someone out of a great sport ,he'll alway's be waiting for his bow to blow up again .

nubo
Old 11-20-2004, 07:49 AM

maybe my luck has jumped to this youngin. jk.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:56 AM

I would contact PSE and tell them about you problem. I'm sure they will do something about it.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:04 AM

Since it was a new bow I would contact PSE and be very persistant about getting his bow replaced. Have him explain to them that he will never trust this bow again, and it wasn't his fault it let go. They might take his old one and give him a new one just to keep him happy. Most of the guys there are archers and understand how much confidence plays a part in in this sport. Let us know what happens, I am curious as to how they treat him.

It could mean the difference between getting a cusomer for life if he is treated right, or having him ditch the bow and getting another brand and never dealing with PSE again. I think they know this, whether they care or not is another story.

Paul
Old 11-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Ahhhh... that's something he'll remember alright. PSE you say? P=pull S=shoot E=explode... yup, that's what happens. [8D] Ok, ok, I'm kidding, just couldn't let that one get by. I had a bow go to chunks from a 3D season of abuse... totally my fault, trying to squeeze all the fps I could out of it by shooting ultra light arrows. I'm sure PSE will make it right for him, they've been around a long time and have a good reputation.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Had the same thing happen with my Mathews last year when I was drawing on a 5x5 bull elk at 15 yards, Mathews had it fixed in 24 hr's and it was no charge to me but It did blow my chance at that bull.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats tough luck, not a good way to start out. Like these guys said, i'd be on the phone to PSE right away.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:29 AM

I'd contact PSE immeditely. PSE has it's own message board:
http://forums.pse-archery.com/forumd...c180&forumid=4
and the pse crew there are great. I personally would send a private message to Diane Watson (she works for pse and has plenty of clought). IMO if it's a factory issue they should and I'm willing to bet they will replace the bow. This certainly isn't a case of misuse or abuse. I expect they will make it right as I've seen them do for other customers. In archery circles word of mouth travels. They know this and will do what it takes to make things right.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

PSE you say? P=pull S=shoot E=explode
Jolly you beat me to it , glad your friend was not hert !

Quick Reply: Blown bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.