Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you were...

Old 11-17-2004, 09:16 PM

Default If you were...

If you were a landowner and didnt hunt but let other people hunt your land would you expect something from them? and if so what?

i was just thinking about this when i was at work today.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you were...

well yea say i was a landowner and i was like building a barn i would want them to offer to help in exchange to hunt or any other things that needed to be done.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

same here and respect my property, no stupid crap, close gates, dont tear my roads up, no trash, help run and repair fencing, gather livestock back up, help throw hay( the big round ones) and a country ham at Christmas would be nice, that'd be a good startin point, then come back in the spring when the work starts, oh yea worm and vac the cattle, this is my short list
Old 11-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep ,at least a offer. Right now I need brakes put on my car,a door fixed,My toilet fixed
Old 11-18-2004, 05:54 AM

We have helped out a farmer that lets us hunt for free on his land. One year, we gave him a ham while we were there during buck season. He said that if we ever did anything like that again, we would not be welcomed back. We are truley fortunate to have found this farm to hunt on.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:17 PM

come on guys i know more of you would want something or expect it wether it be meat, gift certificates, or just a helping hand once in awhile

so lets here what u have to say
Old 11-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

I always give my landowners a gift basket and some smoked turkey (turkey hunting properties) or sausage and whatnot (for deer hunting properties). I usually give it to them some time during the holidays.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't if i would expect much, deffinetly and offer to help out at the least.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paper or plastic would be fine
Seriously,I would let the person use the land for hunting purposes,as long as he would respect the land the way i would.I wouldent expect any money ,gifts,meat etc in return but it would be a nice gesture and definately wouldent turn down a venison roast.I would expect if the guy drove past my house(property) on a regular bases during the off-season,then please stop in and say hello once in a while.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

The first year I hunted on the land where I hunt now, I bought the land owner a gift certificate for $50 to his favorite resterant. His wife, who works with my wife gave it back to my wife and told her that if I ever tried to do something like that again, I would never hunt there again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.