Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 passed up 3 doe's today >

passed up 3 doe's today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

passed up 3 doe's today

Old 11-16-2004, 06:13 PM

Default passed up 3 doe's today

Bagged a seven pointer on the second with black powder, So now my buddy wants to set in my other stand. went out today. I had the bow with two tags. A very quiet morning. you could hear a mouse in the leaves a 100 yards away. At 10:10am.The woods expolded from behind me. I just knew they where on the run right to my back. I did not even turn to look. I just drewback and watched as a small deer and a nice doe stopped in front of me at 20 yards. I heard another in the hemlocks at 5'o'clock from me. I was hopeing it was the 10 pointer I caught on the stealth camera. But it was not to be. It turned out to be another yearling. I decided as many times before to pass on the does since I would hope they make it through the season and breed more deer. As I let my draw down slowly, The deer in front walked to its "mom" and then bounced away along followed the one in the hemlocks. They never blew. But they did stop. Did they smell me in the tree? or the apple scent next to them? or the scent from the mock scape ? or all these together was enough to stop 'em? They just froze and did not walk to any of the scented exact spots for a sniff. The more I see and watch I swear they have a sixth sence .They just somehow know that something is not right. Thought ya all might enjoy this morning hunt.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:36 PM

Default RE: passed up 3 doe's today

Yeah good story. Good to hear a hunting story as I sit here studying in college as I have one week before I can go back home to hunt. Good luck on that 10pt as I have a buck I hope to track down next week myself.