Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TREE STAND THIEVES! >

TREE STAND THIEVES!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TREE STAND THIEVES!

Old 11-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TREE STAND THIEVES!

On Sunday, November 14th, I sat in my favorite treestand in suburban Illinois. On Monday, November 15th, I went back to the same stand. To my unpleasant surprise my stand was no longer there. The screw in steps had been removed as well.[:@]

You have to be the lowest scum of the earth to steal another mans treestand. If I ever catch the man or men who did this, they will not return from the woods that day! This whole ordeal has sickened me, and I hope the game warden or the sheriff find the guilty party and punish them to the full extent of the law!

Please use this post to tell me if your stand has ever been stolen?[:@]

www.hunt-blog.com
Old 11-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TREE STAND THIEVES!

I have had a few stolen over the years.

I had a brand new lock on stolen from me this year off of private land. I only used it once and went back about 1 week later and it was gone. They stole the stand but left the 30 feet of climbing sticks strapped to the tree. They also left my realtree eazy hanger up there too.

Why steal the stand and leave the climbing sticks and EZ hanger???
Old 11-16-2004, 06:25 PM

I have had one stolen as well. I also know who it was and i've been messing with them ever since. Closing their quad trails with an excavator, pissing on their salt blocks, etc.

I am also guilty of stealing treestands because they were on my property and no one asked permission to put them up. Serves them right.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:33 PM

Yes its one thing to steal a treestand, but a whole deal when its on your property without permission. A friend and I have taken stands on our property and didnt feel bad as if the ones who put it there wanted it back they might come with a apoligy.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been fairly fortunate and only had one stolen. In 99 I did walk up on some guy trying to steal a ladder stand, i watched him from about 70 yards fumbling to cut the lock, I just screamed "Hey! thats not yours!" Scared the bejesus out of him and he took off running.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:03 PM

It's a horrid thing to do, had many stolen on me to, until a started to use bike locks on them, two at the bottom, and one at the top. If these scumbags want it enough they'll get it but they'll have to bring some heavy duty chain and wire cutters to do so. Lock them up is the only way, make it hard for them to do it, most thieves want to be quick about it and don't know if your in the woods or watching them do it. Their very nervous, you make it look tough and time consuming and they won't spend the time, they'll move on hopefully. Good luck.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I see alot of stands at are local flee markets
Old 11-17-2004, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

[:@][:@][:@] How about losing 8 of them 3 days before bowseason opener.

I'm still searching for the scum, lowlife, slobs that got mine!!
You have to be the lowest scum of the earth to steal another mans treestand. If I ever catch the man or men who did this, they will not return from the woods that day!
Or the next several.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:12 PM

i know how you feel i am 15 and had a stand stloen from me that me and my grapa put a lot of work in to build well sorry
and it does make me sick and well i don't know what to say
Old 11-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

we need better laws for thieves of tree stands like revoke there liscense for 10 years and 1000$ fine.hunters who steal suck!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: TREE STAND THIEVES!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.