Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Attention, this kind of crud will give the antis loads to work with. >

Attention, this kind of crud will give the antis loads to work with.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Attention, this kind of crud will give the antis loads to work with.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Attention, this kind of crud will give the antis loads to work with.

This was taken from another hunting sight. The story stated that this deer was not killed by this arrow, a rifle hunter killed it. It had lived a considerable amount of time with this arrow stuck in it. Why in the world would any one try to take a deer by shooting at the head?????[:@][:@][:'(]

Old 11-16-2004, 12:17 PM

Default RE: Attention, this kind of crud will give the antis loads to work with.

awsome post...great story
Old 11-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Attention, this kind of crud will give the antis loads to work with.

If you feel this is bad press, why would you bring it to light in front of another large audience?
Old 11-16-2004, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

If you feel this is bad press, why would you bring it to light in front of another large audience?
i was thinking the same thing.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:41 PM

maybe because WE as hunters need to police our own and keep the antis the hell out of it
if we as hunters see this and it gets us pissed off as it would most guys and gals here and
anyone just cruiseing the boards lookin for ammo will not see anyone here sayin hey great shot but rather seeing how pissed we get over this half assed attempt at someone trying to score on a huge buck under the pretense that it was a hunter/sportsman,, this is exactly the kind off thing
we as hunters dont condone and will not sit back and give the moron who took this shot a pat on the back but would much rather give him a good swift kick ,, my 2cents worth
Old 11-16-2004, 12:56 PM

Please go easy on me...I'm just asking.

Don't you think that the arrow would have gotten a little bit bent if it had been there a considerable amount of time? Five minutes is too much IMO but anyway...

You're right, bad press!

Greg
Old 11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

I agree the arrow probably would have been bent if it were there too long. I also think that the individual that hit it there may not have meant to. I saw a buck a couple years ago that had an arrow sticking out of its antler. The guy got a second shot and harvested the deer. The buck had reached its head back when the arrow was released. I don't condone a shot like this, but lets wait to hear the whole story before we jump the gun.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know, but IMO, I don't think the arrow would have stayed in the deer's head very long after the shot. I can't believe anybody would shoot a deer in the head on purpose.[:'(]
Old 11-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Before everyone gets in a huff, this is an obvious Photochop job and not a very good one at that. Notice how the shadow doesn't conform to the contours of the background, the arrow is out of proportion to the other objects in terms of size, and it blurs around the fletching and the deer's eye. It's probably the creation of an anti in the first place trying to get people fired up. [:@] It's fake, let it die.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks kind of fake to me. I would think that the fletching would have much more damage to it rather than the little bit of wear showing in the picture.

Quick Reply: Attention, this kind of crud will give the antis loads to work with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.