Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Crazy hit on a doe >

Crazy hit on a doe

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crazy hit on a doe

Old 11-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crazy hit on a doe

Saturday morning I had a doe come down a little hill. 20 yards broadside and stopped while I was at full draw. The instant I let the arrow go she twisted her head back to itch a spot right behind her shoulder. My muzzy 100 grain broadhead struck right dead center in the top of the head drove the arrow down to the neck. Her head was not only back but twisted over sideways. Had the head not of been back the shot would have hit perfect through both lungs. The deer did drop in her tracts. This head shot is one that I would never take purposely, just once I was able to be lucky. The only way to picture the dirrection the arrow entered is if you were shooting straight down and hit right between the eyes. For this to happen at 20 yards was hard to believe. Even when all the precautions are taken to make a clean safe kill, odd things still can happen.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crazy hit on a doe

LOL, thats awesome.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a skull outside in my shed that one day I'll make a euro mount out of that had something similar happen to it. In my case, I had a twig deflect what would have been a perfect double-lunger into his head, right behind his ear. Dropped like a bag of rocks.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Strange things do happen,congrates on the luck,No trail to follow
Old 11-16-2004, 05:59 AM

I did that once while walking out of the woods. In my case, I jerked the shot. When it hit the deer she ran in a full circle ran full speed right into my legs. I couldn't get out of the way and it scared the crap out of me. She died ten yards after hitting me.

If we ever have a "what was your worst shot ever post," and we shouldn't, that would be my story.

Greg
Old 11-16-2004, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thing happen beyond the hunters control no matter how much you practice. Congrats on your deer!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a doe jerk her head around and look at me just as I was relasing from my pit blind. She was 6 yds away . The arrow entered just below the eye . She droped in place and just kicked ,no trail to follow.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats
Old 11-28-2004, 06:58 PM

Congrats on the deer, and that would be pretty cool to see happen, but i would not like to pull the arrow out of that.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:46 PM

I regretably had a very similar shot happen to me a few years back, and i have to admit that it was the worst experience of my bowhunting career, she dropped in her tracks, but i had to put another arrow in her as quick as i could, it does happen and always will happen to bowhunters from time to time, but I hope it doesnt happen to me again any time soon,, anyway congratulations on your deer, hope you get to take many more.

Quick Reply: Crazy hit on a doe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.