HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Crazy hit on a doe (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/79271-crazy-hit-doe.html)

OHBowhunter 11-15-2004 08:29 PM

Crazy hit on a doe

Saturday morning I had a doe come down a little hill. 20 yards broadside and stopped while I was at full draw. The instant I let the arrow go she twisted her head back to itch a spot right behind her shoulder. My muzzy 100 grain broadhead struck right dead center in the top of the head drove the arrow down to the neck. Her head was not only back but twisted over sideways. Had the head not of been back the shot would have hit perfect through both lungs. The deer did drop in her tracts. This head shot is one that I would never take purposely, just once I was able to be lucky. The only way to picture the dirrection the arrow entered is if you were shooting straight down and hit right between the eyes. For this to happen at 20 yards was hard to believe. Even when all the precautions are taken to make a clean safe kill, odd things still can happen.

Dairy King 11-15-2004 08:48 PM

RE: Crazy hit on a doe

LOL, thats awesome.

Greg / MO 11-15-2004 08:56 PM

I've got a skull outside in my shed that one day I'll make a euro mount out of that had something similar happen to it. In my case, I had a twig deflect what would have been a perfect double-lunger into his head, right behind his ear. Dropped like a bag of rocks.

cardeer 11-16-2004 01:30 AM

Strange things do happen,congrates on the luck,No trail to follow

Gryan 11-16-2004 05:59 AM

I did that once while walking out of the woods. In my case, I jerked the shot. When it hit the deer she ran in a full circle ran full speed right into my legs. I couldn't get out of the way and it scared the crap out of me. She died ten yards after hitting me.

If we ever have a "what was your worst shot ever post," and we shouldn't, that would be my story.

Greg

BobCo19-65 11-16-2004 07:07 AM

Thing happen beyond the hunters control no matter how much you practice. Congrats on your deer!

johnch 11-16-2004 10:24 AM

I had a doe jerk her head around and look at me just as I was relasing from my pit blind. She was 6 yds away . The arrow entered just below the eye . She droped in place and just kicked ,no trail to follow.

Pa Trophy Man 11-28-2004 06:40 PM

congrats

Sharpshot_71 11-28-2004 06:58 PM

Congrats on the deer, and that would be pretty cool to see happen, but i would not like to pull the arrow out of that.

Angus74 11-28-2004 07:46 PM

I regretably had a very similar shot happen to me a few years back, and i have to admit that it was the worst experience of my bowhunting career, she dropped in her tracks, but i had to put another arrow in her as quick as i could, it does happen and always will happen to bowhunters from time to time, but I hope it doesnt happen to me again any time soon,, anyway congratulations on your deer, hope you get to take many more.