Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Perfect climbing tree stand? >

Perfect climbing tree stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Perfect climbing tree stand?

Old 11-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Perfect climbing tree stand?

I'm looking to upgrade my climbing tree stand because it makes a couple of creeks and cracks I can't tune/adjust out of it that are simply unacceptable to me. I want a new climber and I want the best. Criteria listed below:

1. Quiet!!! I can't tolerate a stand that makes any noise from the shifting of weight etc.

2. Easy to attach to tree. I don' t want to spend 20 minutes getting the stand hooked up to the tree in the morning

3. Comfortable for an all day sit.

Some other things I was considering and would appreciate fellow bowhunters opinions. Stands to stay away from and stands you like and why. I think I would like the security of the bar that goes around some of the stands about knee high. Is there any disadvatage to this? Also don't like stands with a grate platform. They seem to be a little noisier if a boot slides across it or, like on my current stand, the grate is occasionally "creeking" or "cracking" making some noise at in-opportune times. I know it sound finicky, but when you put all the effort into this sport to be successful, every little detail matters to me. Thanks for your input.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Perfect climbing tree stand?

Summit Goliath or Viper, you won't be sorry. The Goliath is rated to 350# and is a little bigger and more comfortable but you can't go wrong with either one.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I second Summit Goliath.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:19 PM

I third the Summit Goliath. I have it and love it. Attaches to the tree in no time and is very quiet.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ditto.... [8D]

I have a Summit Viper X4 and won't get any other stand but a Summit from now on.

Quiet
Lightweight
Rugged
Easy to use
COMFORTABLE!

I've been in my Viper X4 on a few early mornings, and have actually fallen asleep! Yes, it is that comfortable.... You can't go wrong with a Summit! [8D]

Butch A.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:30 PM

Ol' Man is the most quite, comfortable, and packs up flat. All big keys in my book. Easy to use, etc. The bigger version can be heavy, 20+lbs. I use the Air Elite series, I think it weighs 17lbs.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Spike

I have thought of buying a new climber for the last year or so. I bought a Hunter's View on sale for $99 when I started 2 years ago. I was told that the grate would creak--it never did. I have made numerous modifications to cut down on the noise(no structural change), and it has worked. I feel very safe and comfortable 18ft in the air with this stand. It might weigh a little more than the rest, and it might make a little noise while walking(if I don't tie it together correctly). I am comfortable with this stand and can be up the tree in no time with minimal effort, and little noise. There is absolutely no need to go out and spend a few weeks salary on the top of the line models. The on sale, non-big name models can be just as usable.-----Just my 2 cents!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:06 PM

I'll agree with WTDoc. I bought a Hunter's View last year on sale for 89 bucks. This stand is the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I don't have any other climbers to compare it to, but it is easy to pack and carry, easy to set up, quiet, and most of all comfortable. 1/2 the price of the others too.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:15 PM

I hunted with a loggy bayou for years and really thought it was a good stand. Then 2 years ago I damn near slide all the way down a maple tree in December. I looked to find another as it had been a great stand to that point. I could never find the same model so I went with the Summit Viper. I cant believe i wasted all those years!! This stand is unbelievable. Comfortable, quiet, lightweight. I am a big man. 6'3" 250lbs and I can sit in this stand comfortably for 8hrs without struggling. I have tried my friends Hunters view and i will say for the price its not bad but it does not compare to the Summit.

As i have learned more times than I care to admit you get what you pay for.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:10 PM

Must go with the Summit Viper or Goliath.. I bought a new Summit viper this fall and it is the best money ever spent. Takes about a minute to attach to the tree, climbs super smooth and quiet, and is rock solid against the tree. And they give you a full body saftey harness with the stand. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Perfect climbing tree stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.