Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My son's first bow buck (pic) >

My son's first bow buck (pic)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My son's first bow buck (pic)

Old 11-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My son's first bow buck (pic)

Hey everyone,
Well my son (hoyt14) got his first buck this past Saturday. It was awesome. As some of you know my season pretty much ended when I broke my ankle 3 weeks ago. My hunting this year has been reduced to hunting through him and what a season it has been. He has his full story on the bowhunting contest forum on Team 10 [link]http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=730657&mpage=21[/link]. I just wanted to post the pictrue here. He is a great kid. He has been taking me to the cabin every weekend since I broke my ankle. It is just great to get out of the house. I was able to help him process this deer which also helped me feel like I was a part of it.
Well I just had to share with everyone. Here is the picture. I have about 20 others but this one we have reduced for the web. Look at that shot placement.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:20 AM

Default RE: My son's first bow buck (pic)

Congratulations! That is indeed a wonderful deer, and for it to be his first makes it that much more special. I, too, am also grounded for this season (honeydoos). It was either finish the house or a divorce, so I'm taking the safe option. By finding this forum, it has make it easier for me to handle it. Thanks to everyone that posts in this forum, it is truely one of the best that I have seen.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:23 AM

wow what a great first buck!!! congratulations and what a nice shot looks like you practiced in the off season and it payed off in a big way!!! congrats again
Old 11-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fantastic first buck. I saw it in the contest thread and entered it. Congratulations to you and your son...that has to be a great feeling.....
Old 11-15-2004, 08:35 AM

Nothing like your first deer, unless it is your sons first deer with a bow. Congrats to both of you.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:03 AM

Great job......sounds like you guys are not only son and dad but buddies. I hope my son (and my daughter) and I can have a similar relationship and enjoy the special things in life together.

Congrats to you both and I hope you heal quickly.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:05 AM

congradulations ..nice deer...nice mass
Old 11-15-2004, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. It is his 4th deer with a bow but the first buck. We are in an earn-a-buck unit.

Flipout - My son is 16. I have a daughter who is 14. She is not into shooting the bow (yet). She does however enjoy spring turkey hunting. How old are your kids? My advice is just take them with you when they want to go and take an interest in what they want to do. For my son it was hockey. My daughter loves soccer and basketball. I never miss a game unless they have one at the same time. Then we take turns. Because of that they have always wanted to spend time with me and Mom. No amount of money can replace the time spent with Mom and Dad. If you do that I believe you will have a very similar relationship with both of your children. Like the old saying "Hunt with your kids, Not for them".
Old 11-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Super deal
Old 11-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

give your boy a pat on the back from me also, first for helping you get out and around, and secondly on a fine deer, first at that...

I, too, am also grounded for this season (honeydoos). It was either finish the house or a divorce,
,dang standorstalk some choices are tuff, the chance to hunt more would really be temptingj/k you made the best choice

Quick Reply: My son's first bow buck (pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.