Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Season Slump due to broken leg! >

Season Slump due to broken leg!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Season Slump due to broken leg!

Old 11-09-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Season Slump due to broken leg!

Last Thursday night was our last regular season high school football game. The game was going good, not that bad i had been doing alright, till the 2nd half came along when early in the 3rd quarter a teamate fell on my leg, snapping both bones below my knee, on the field all i would talk to my coaches about was how i was going to get into a treestand! Well, it deosn't seem ill be climbing any trees but me and a buddy made a ground blind this summer so i'll be spending some time in there. It may sound corny but makes me think about how i was taking this truly great sport and pastime for granite!
Old 11-09-2004, 12:49 PM

Default RE: Season Slump due to broken leg!

You still have options. Two years ago in July I was hit by a truck and broke both my legs. I was limping and hunting by October. If you want to bad enough you will find a way. You still have one good leg to walk on. My doctor was constantly giving me crap about climbing trees with broken legs. I just kept saying what is the worst that can happen? I guess I could fall and break my legs. Doctor didn't think I was too funny. The point is that I still managed to put some good time in the woods. You can too. Even if it is from a ground blind it is better that sitting at home. Now grab those crutches and get out there.