Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do we move forward? >

How do we move forward?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do we move forward?

Old 11-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How do we move forward?

Ok we have all seen the wounding threads. We have also seen our share of "I missed" threads. The question I pose is a simple one.
After such an expirience how do you move on?
OK maybe if you miss, you check your equipment, practice a little more and gain confidence again. But, suppose, instead of missing you make a poor hit. (which is much worse, than a miss, in my book!) How do you recover? I know with the respect most of us give our quarry, the temptation to quit would be nagging. Self doubt would be replaced with guilt and the snowballing effect would consume you until, as an ethical hunter, the only logical step would be to stick to a less primitive way of pursuing your passion.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:23 AM

Default RE: How do we move forward?

Read Robs/PABowers Post!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:57 AM

what one has to do is get honest with themselves, and where they really are in their archery skills. you have to understand what you are doing wrong and correct it. some of the bad arrow placement is a result of excietment during the shot routine. this is almost impossible to pratice becasue there isn't a lot of us that get excited when shooting at a target. So, you just have to go to bat enough times until you can preform your shot routine under pressure so to speak. Good luck with it, I think every sucessful bow hunter has been through the sequence at one time or another.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Battada2d, it happens to the best of us. I just shot a buck yesterday...read my post "PA buck down for team 18".....I missed but it could have been worse....and I don't know why.