Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has anyone tried these >

Has anyone tried these

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone tried these

Old 11-08-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Has anyone tried these

My local shop got some in and let me try them out,they are expensive but they will never burnout they recharge as soon as they leave the string and I tell you its absolutely awsome seening these things fly. and would make finding your arrow a dream as well as knowing exactly where the arrow hit you game because its always in you sights. if you can afford them get them you won't be disappointed.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...424&hasJS=true
Old 11-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Has anyone tried these

Yeah they are pretty cool... Can't really see them in the daylight too much, just finding arrows is much easier... Specially in the low light of the evenings...
Old 11-08-2004, 02:13 PM

I just wonder if an arrow is flying towards the deer and he hears it can he seethe glowing nock. May be impossible. Just a thought.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

22 grains for a nock, I think I'll pass.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:53 PM

the weight didn't affect arrow flight that bad you would have to make some adjustments to compensate for the weight. The biggest down side is the very high price for these nocks, but they are new this year I belive so I am sure they will drop in price
Old 11-08-2004, 04:09 PM

At 9 bucks a pop I pass. My luck would have me Robin Hooding arrows as I practice! The guys at my bowshop have made their own using the small lights from fishing bobbers and translucent nocks.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

but they will never burnout they recharge as soon as they leave the string
Ummmm, I don't know who told you this part but they lied. They will burn out since they are battery powered and they do not recharge themselves. Every arrow in my quiver has one and I will never hunt without them again. They are plenty bright enough to see except in direct bright sunlight and there is absolutely no doubt about where your arrow hits either. They also make a great tuning tool as well since you can see your arrow flight all the way to the target. I'm sold on them. I have a set of three that have passed through 4 deer over the last 2 years and they are still going strong.

As far as the price of them, is there really anything in this sport that is cheap?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are pretty cool to shoot but they aren't fail proof. Two guys I work with use them and they each had a problem with them. One hit a shoulder and the impact backed the nock out far enough to turn it off. The other had a hard time finding his arrow after blowing thru a deer because of the same thing , his nock wasn't lit when he found his arrow due to either hitting a rock or tree root in the ground.