Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A good evening but.... >

A good evening but....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A good evening but....

Old 11-07-2004, 06:49 PM

Default A good evening but....

Came up just a little short this evening, on daylight that is. I finally got a good chance to hunt a spot I hadn't hunted all year. I went back to the tree where I killed my buck last year, cause I seen quite a few deer out of it. I was running a little late, and got setup about 4:15. I jumped a doe goin in, but soon after I got settled in the deer started to move. First 3 doe's and a small buck came through. About 45 min. later 3 more doe's came through and started acting jumpy. I finally caught a glimpse of what was going on, a smaller but decent 8 pointer was back in the brush, and he started running them around again. 1 more small buck came out, then up in the cedars to my left where my deer came from last year i heard some antler clanging goin on. It was getting dark, too dark to shoot, when i seen one of the deer walk off, and boy he was a nice one. Then 2 more doe's came in and stay under my stand when I'm ready to get down, cause its dark out now and my light was dead. I finally spooked them off cause I was ready to go, but all in all a very good day in the woods. What do you guys do when you have deer under ya at dark that won't go away? Sorry this is so long.

Kyle
Old 11-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A good evening but....

what i usually do is lower my bow down till it hits the ground and then wiggle it around in the leaves, make a lil noise. usually they wiull just wander off cuz they dont know whats producing the noise. Ive had this happen alot, I usually give it a day or 2 and then hunt that spot again.