Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 White button buck down!!!!! >

White button buck down!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

White button buck down!!!!!

Old 11-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default White button buck down!!!!!

I got a white button buck this evening....I will post the link to my local new's website as soon as the guy post's my pic's and what not.

Story...

I hunted on my buddies land once again like I have most of the week. I was in the regular stand, where I saw the buck's before but didn't take a shot at near dark....anyway's...my buddy hunted the stand the next day after I didn't take the shot and took the decent 6pt out of my stand. Well I went back there this morning and saw nothing.

With the heavy frost I didn't anything at all this morning. Just a few squirrel's.

Well I went back out this evening around 2pm and got in stand. Didn't see a deer until 4pm when I saw alittle movement behind the stand. I glassed several times with the bino's and could tell it was a deer...or I thought. Well I watched for awhile and finally I got a good look at the deer and it was 98% white! So I got up and got ready....and after 25 minute's of slow browsing the white deer finally came into the low sag and I drew and took the shot....18 yards and right on the money. The small deer ran about 20 yards and crashed. I got down and found my arrow stuck in a small dead limb. I then went to my deer. A almost completely white button buck. I couldn't be happier with the deer. I want to see a nice mature buck and get a shot bad, but this has made my season.

As soon as the site is updated I will link, and then I will hopefully post my own pic's tomorrow before I take him to the taxidermist.

www.hurherald.com - 11-8-04 - Albino Deer Killed Near Hur

I will post more pic's in today or tonight.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: White doe down!!!!!

Way to go congrats hurry with those pics
Old 11-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cool ,You never knew it was there before ???? Usually something like that spreads like wildfire
Old 11-07-2004, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Neat!!!

Congratulations! Glad to hear your getting it mounted.

Oh, by the way, get back out there and bring us some horns!
Old 11-07-2004, 05:07 AM

Congratulations, you did some cleaning in the gene pool. What taxidermist are you going to use? My dad usedwww.skulltaxidermy.com and they did some pretty impressive work on his 2001 8pt.

Congratulations once again.

Joe
Old 11-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am still waiting on the man to post the story on his site. I don't know why he hasn't updated yet?

But I will have some new pic's today to put up tonight. And sorry about the title...it's a white button buck...not a doe.

And no one in the surrounding area had seen this white deer. We hadn't heard anything about it until I had killed it...and the new's of me tagging it has spread like wildfire!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Updated with the link to the first pic's.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:02 AM

Good job! He's not albino but definitely has some pigmentation issues.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shadow read my mind. If he was a true albino, his nose would be pink and his hooves would be pink.

But don't let that rain on your parade, it is still a truely unique experience only a few will ever get to experience.

Congrats!!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:46 AM

Default RE: White button buck down!!!!!

neat looking deer

Quick Reply: White button buck down!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.