Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot the biggest buck yesterday with Rush Creek Deer Lure!! >

Shot the biggest buck yesterday with Rush Creek Deer Lure!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the biggest buck yesterday with Rush Creek Deer Lure!!

Old 11-06-2004, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shot the biggest buck yesterday with Rush Creek Deer Lure!!

Hey fella's and ladies. I have some good new and i have some bad news.
Well yesterday on friday, which was a beautiful day to be in the woods here in ohio. I was planning on going to the woods extra early to get set up because i had a lot of stuff to do to get set up for a hunt all day, well i slept in till 6 accidently and was running very late. I get to where i want to hang my stand, by now its like 7:30a.m i set out some Rush Creek Deer Lure and climb my tree and get situated. The first deer to appear was a 6pt, who came in straight to the scent wicks and deer drag i had set out. He walked around for a lil while then vanished. All hours of the day i was seeing deer, they were not in rut yet but they were cruisin for does, no grunting or chasing yet, but these deer are reconing the hill sides for some does for sure. The rut here in ohio is about to kick off in about a week or two. About 3:00p.m i see a deer coming straight at me down wind, and i guess the ol saying deer out of the west move the best is true!!! I was 20ft up in my stand, and this big 10pt comes out, he was atleast a massive 10pt he was one of the "mr.Big's" and he was coming stragiht to the rush creek deer lure, he gives me a broad side shot at 35yds and i let him have it!!!! He bolts straight down hill!! I am thinking GREAT, NO DRAGGIN FOR ME!! He ran just where i wanted him to run and that was down hill instead of up. I give him a good hour and i gather all my things and head for the truck to drop my stuff off, get a drink and too undress some of my clothing, by now it was about 55degrees. I go back to where i shot the deer and track him all the way down to the road which is st.rt 52, it keeps getting closer and closer to the road and finally iam on the side of the highway looking for my deer and i crossed over by the ohio river to see if he had crashed into the small patch of woods along the river, AND THERE WAS NO DEER!!!!!!1[:@][] I looked and looked all over, retraced everything until i was about to pass out from exhaustion. The only thing i could figure is he dropped on the side of the road and someone had drove by and seen him and stole him from me after seeing his rack, or that sucker jumped in the ohio river to swim to augusta kentucky!! My uncle is down there this morining trying to look for him too while i am at work this morning, i hope he finds him and someone didnt steal him, that would just really hurt my feelings. So i will keep you posted, and all you hunters that use lure, you need to get some of Rush Creek Deer Lure. Thanks Sunset, that stuff really works!!
Old 11-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Shot the biggest buck yesterday with Rush Creek Deer Lure!!

Crao happens,That always worries me when they head for a road. 10 years ago I shot one and it ran across a road and got hit. ,But I got it ,what was left of it after the 18 wheeler hit it
Old 11-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow that stinks if someone stole your buck... i didnt know sunset was sellin the stinky stuff from her der , kinda slipped my minds that she would have it i mean she does have a deer farm!
Old 11-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think that if it did indeed die along the road side, there should be a pool of blood where it laid down! Did the blood trail continue to the waters edge, or had you lost the blood trail?
Old 11-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrats on the buck TURKEY FAN ,
I hope you find it .

Be sure to write a nice testimonial letter for Sunset to post on her website . I've been to their farm for her Midwest Gathering , it's a very nice , clean place with great facilities . They really look out for their deer , all of them were healthy, well fed , and very frisky . The pens were amazing , well constructed and in excellent repair everywhere I looked . The Hungarian partrige pens were especially interesting . Very professional outfit , very well run from the look of it . Sunset and her family are also the nicest people you'd ever want to meet , we felt very welcome , as did the kids with us . We had a great time and she didn't even bat an eye when I changed into those "purty red shorts" .
Old 11-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

congrats, great story
Old 11-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like the perfect situation for a backtrack. It may have come out to the road and then went back in on his original trail. Look for traces of blood leading off the original trail you followed to the road.

Good luck!
Old 11-07-2004, 07:16 AM

The chances of the buck expiring just as a person willing to steal him drives by sounds a lot less likely then the deer heading into the water or you losing the trail. I know you sat for an hour and someone could have definately take him in that time.........but you would see blood and drag marks into the road if they had. Not to mention it would have to have been 2 guys to get the job done quickly. It took me a few tries before I got my 6 pt into my truck alone.......and he was field dressed and smaller then your buck.

You didn't say anything about the trail?? What blood did you see?? How much?? Did you find your arrow?? Where was he hit?? How far did you see him run?? Did you hear him fall??

You seem more concerned with endorsing a product..........then finding the deer.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

So did you and your uncle find the deer. If not, maybe you learned to put your great lure a bit closer to your stand so as to make the shot a bit closer next time!
he was coming stragiht to the rush creek deer lure, he gives me a broad side shot at 35yds and i let him have it