Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does this mean the rut is allmost here >

Does this mean the rut is allmost here

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this mean the rut is allmost here

Old 11-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does this mean the rut is allmost here

Well tonite I took my 10 yr old couson girl out in the woods to wach the deer. We set out on the porch of the little cabbit we built to put trapping suplies and stuff. When we first got back there we seen a huge coon and it ran up a trree so we sat down. About 10 mins later i see the first deer, eating away at the corn. Then a couple more come. an they are all eating corn. Then here comes my papa out in the field and I finally catch him lookin at me and I signal for him to leave cause there are deer. Well as he was leaving my couson looks over and tells me there is a deer standing right there and runs off. Then a couple minutes later another deer comes in. (A buck don't know for sure how big all I seen was antlers) and starts eating then the 3 does walk over and start eating. The buck starts running around chasing the does or something. WHile he ran his nose was on the ground. Every now and then stopping. Then anothe doe walks in. We watch them eat for a while and leave. They didn't pay no attention to us there. My couson said that her heart was beating reallly hard and i told her that it will lighten up a little bit after she kills her first but not much. What is this buck exactly doing? Isn't a little bit too early for rut in KentuckY?

Thought I would ask you and tell you this!!

Trap
Old 11-06-2004, 01:17 AM

Default RE: Does this mean the rut is allmost here

Iam in ohio Pre rut is kicking in now so i would say in KY that your in the same boat for sure give it another week or to and your gonna really see the woods explode

Old 11-06-2004, 06:12 AM

Sounds like you had a great time and that the Rut is starting there, Thanks for sharing this story and good luck this season.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bucks are definetly in pre-rut, they are cruizin for does something fierce, use your scents now and rattling. Ohio is definetly about to go full rut in a week or two.