Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rut

Old 11-02-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Rut

I live in south east ohio and it seem's that the deer here aren't even starting to rut . we are having weard weather do you think that might be the problem?
Old 11-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rut

Its seems to be on here in Wisconsin! Bucks are chasing does all over the place! Had a buck walk by me around 400pm with his nose to the ground the whole time he walked by! NEVER picked his head up once. The next 2 - 3 weeks are goona be good! Good luck!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:41 PM

Outlaw43 idk where your from but here in perry county the rut is on big time.

Ohio Hunter 88
Old 11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck's are cruising and chasing here in central WV...but doesn't seem like the Does are interested yet....Probaly a good week or so away from peak rut...but right now the buck's are interested.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:26 PM

Ohio Hunter 88 I live in belmont county south of I- 70
Old 11-03-2004, 07:47 PM

Wisconsin I can see, they had some snow in Northern WI a couple weeks ago. Here in IL I think the bucks are cruising, but the does are showing no sign of interest, give it a couple more days, then you might see it really take off!
Old 11-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

We saw some bucks chasing does over in west central IL last weekend...but that's exactly what they're doing...chasing. This weekend should be a step above that and next weekend they should be in full rut. Two more days of work...just two more days of work.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:01 AM

Here in SW Ohio and SE Indiana, the bucks are certainly cruising!!! Last Sunday morning, I had three bucks come in to my rattling, and 2 bucks sparred a little, one buck made 2 scrapes and the third buck chased them away. I think we are seeing increased activity, and the next couple of weeks should be AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:21 AM

I woulndnt know we are still about a month away from the rut in Mississippi. Sure am ready for it .
Old 11-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Spike

In NW Ohio here and have not been in my stand in a week. Damb work anyways[:@], daylight savings time just messes up my opportunities during the week.

I hunt my Fathers farm and from what I can tell it is still slow here.

Will be going out to play in this damb rain today maybe I will post some better news this evening.