Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your longest DBL Lung Recovery? >

What's your longest DBL Lung Recovery?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your longest DBL Lung Recovery?

Old 11-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What's your longest DBL Lung Recovery?

We were just talking about that last night. He has been using Thunderhead 125's for years. I use the same head and have had great success. He's looking for a new broadhead, any ideas?(I may change too!)
Old 11-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

My longest was about 100 yards. I did see one on an NRA Drury produced vidio that made it between 250-300 yards. I would not have believed it if someone told me.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:00 PM

my longest was 40 or so yards and that includes hogs. I think the difference is how alarmed the animal becomes prior and post impact. If they become alerted by the bow noise or in the case of a longer shot the sound of the arrow wizzing in the air I think they run farther and faster making the track that much longer.

Two seasons ago I made my first heart shot and crashed that guy within 35 yards. After dressing him out I hauled him to the local cooler to hang and let the meat chill overnight. Since it was bow season there were not too many deer hanging in the locker and this old rifle hunter was asking about my deer (my best so far including my gun years). I had tossed the heart in the bed of my truck and showed it to him and pointed out the triangle slice. He asked how far it went and I whipped out my digital camera and showed him pics taken from my stand and pointed out the dead deer. He was amazed and said he had heart shot deer with a gun and they ran 150 yards with an expoloded heart. Now, seems to me that is a long way to go with an exploded heart but if you have ever been shot at you know what a gun sounds like when it goes off and is pointed at you. It makes you want to run like hell!
Old 11-02-2004, 02:16 PM

Might have had one go over 100 but for the most part its 70 or less. All depends on the deer when you shot it and the deer its self i guess
Old 11-02-2004, 03:09 PM

92 yards from point of impact, but it was the easiet blood trail i've ever followed.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not one over 70 yards and that one was downhill.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never seen one break 100yards with a confirmed broadhead hole through both lungs. Have seen some single lung shots break 200yards before.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I think some people need anatomy classes. A true double long won't be going for hundreds or yards or hours.... or minutes for that matter, unless like someone suggested... there's something wrong with the broadheads.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:51 PM

until this year the farthest bow shot deer Ive had was a single lunger that went about 80yds.
then earlier this year I shot a deer that had just been spooked by my buddy and watched it run slear acrossed a cut corn field and 40yds into the next wood block. the distance was over 250yds. the only thing I can figure that made it run so far was the adrenaline rush he already had by being spooked.

Quick Reply: What's your longest DBL Lung Recovery?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.