Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bushnell Trophy or Nikon Laser 440? >

Bushnell Trophy or Nikon Laser 440?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bushnell Trophy or Nikon Laser 440?

Old 11-01-2004, 08:06 PM

Default Bushnell Trophy or Nikon Laser 440?

Well, my parents asked me what i want for X-mas, so i started making a list. a few little things here and there, but i've decided a laser range finder couldnt hurt..i've narrowed my search down to the Bushnell Yardage Pro Trophy and the Nikon Laser 440. anyone have any experience with either of these? anybody know which is slightly better than the other? they're both priced at 199.99

slayer
Old 11-02-2004, 04:50 PM

Default RE: Bushnell Trophy or Nikon Laser 440?

anybody know anything about laser rangefinders?

slayer
Old 11-02-2004, 05:35 PM

I just bought the Nikon 440 based on what I hade found on the net and that was most people liked the Nikon over the Bushnell. Not overwhemingly so but enough to sway me in that direction. Several folks had used both and preferred the Nikon. The past weekend was my first experience with any rangefinder and I have to say that it is awesome. I love being able to take the estimation aspect out of bowhunting. Now if I could remember all those yardages when a deer walks by!
Old 11-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Hi Deerslayer_37. I actually just bought the Bushnell Yardage Pro and it is certainly a must have tool and a pretty cool toy as well. What I've found out with mine is don't believe the specs when it comes to maximum distances. The maximum they state really relies on optimum lighting conditions. Also the button can be a little awkward to press when you have a release strapped on. But these inconvenieces are minor compared to the advantages. Once I'm postioned in my stand or my blind I immediately taken a scan of my perimeter and choose decide my "Circle of Death" (around 20 yrds) then scan most of the predominant trees or rocks out to around 35 yrds. As said before, trying to remember those yardages after the scan can just get in the way of you're concentration so a big key is KEEP IT SIMPLE. It ads so much more confidence to that crucial shot. Oh, and it's a great tool for practicing too.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was eyeballing the Nikon 440 for a long time, but I picked up the bushnell yardage pro sport on ebay instead. I really liked the Nikon, but when I checked it out, I thought that 8 power might be a little too much?? I really liked the Nikon, but for 50 bucks less and the lower power optics, I decided to go for the bushnell. Im going to try it out for the first time tomorrow morning if the weather isnt too messed up. Anybody have any experience with the yardage pro sport? Is lack of a zip mode a problem?