Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone get shot this weekend? >

Anyone get shot this weekend?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone get shot this weekend?

Old 11-01-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Anyone get shot this weekend?

Well, I shot myself! I need to know if I'm the only idiot that has entered the woods? The real skinny is I shot my finger while pracitcing at camp this weekend. I must have held my had too open and the blade of the broadhead slid down the top of my index finger. Actually, I was a little relieved to see I was bleeding because it explained why the arrow missed the target and into the cactus. I didn't notice I was hit for a couple minutes while I was hunting for my lost arrow then all the sudden I came across a blood trail in the cactus patch! Panic...what did I not see behind my target before I shot? There was a very friendly dog at our camp visiting from the neighbors across the way did I hit her?Pretty emotional stuff until I noticed my finger was leaking! After a quick clean-up it turned out to be a very light flesh wound.

I see this as a brake down in my well practiced shooting method/style. Most likely a mental brake down. I guess that is what they mean that safety starts with you. It won't happen again!
Old 11-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone get shot this weekend?

The real skinny is I shot my finger while pracitcing at camp this weekend. I must have held my had too open and the blade of the broadhead slid down the top of my index finger.
That can easily happen, you may want to consider leaving an 3/4-1 inch past the knuckles next time you get arrows made.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am glad to here there was no more damage done than just a nasty nick on the finger! It could have been much worse[] It has happened to lots of folks, Holding you hand open on the bow so there is no torq is correct! Just try to keep those fingers out of the way
Old 11-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nope all the mad husbands mised me as I fled thru the window
Old 11-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Spike

Got shot by goose hunters three weeks ago.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: patches42

Got shot by goose hunters three weeks ago.
Did you steal their spot? What's the story?
Old 11-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

not this weekend but i did have an interesting situation a few years back involving my z-light w/overdraw and some short shafts with 100 gr thunderheads, if you bounce the shaft off your rest and the point of the bh sticks to your forearm and your at full draw, you can actually sweat in 25deg weather[:-], don't try this at home..........

glad your alright greavous
Old 11-01-2004, 03:53 PM

Gee Whiz! i can imagine how you must have felt about the dog But this reminded me of a Jeff Foxworthy Redneck Joke = " Here's Your Sign"
Old 11-01-2004, 04:06 PM

Heres your sign jokes are by Bill Engvall. Either way they are pretty funny.

Glad your alright greavous.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Didn't hunt.... the smokepolers were out. I did honey do stuff.

Quick Reply: Anyone get shot this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.