Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Halloween a Lucky Night for Hunting? >

Halloween a Lucky Night for Hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Halloween a Lucky Night for Hunting?

Old 10-31-2004, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Halloween a Lucky Night for Hunting?

Halloween night tonight!! My dad got a monster buck a couple years ago on Halloween night and last year we seen a couple nice ones so I hope the tradition continues. It looks like an awesome night out here in Michigan. How about everywhere else? Good luck to all tonight!!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:44 PM

Default RE: Halloween a Lucky Night for Hunting?

Good luck to you too & Great hunting this season.
We have a west wind and in the 40's here in Illinois.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

My brother-in-law saw a nice 10 with an 18in spread this morning. Must be a good day, wish I could be out there but I am spending time with my kids today and tonight.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

The wind is very high here in my part of Ontario,so i can't imagine too much being out and about .It's cold but that's the only promise we have ,I'm getting ready to go for a rifle hunt tommorrow.

nubo
Old 10-31-2004, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 yrs ago on devils night , the night b4 halloween , me and my dad both scored on bucks , and this year i didnt go out due to tie ups with the GF but he went and saw a nice 8 pt but didnt get a shot , so i would say its jsut rockin on halloween period!
Old 10-31-2004, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish I coulda have had that good of luck tonight! It was an alright night, a little windy but to the north which is in my favor. When I was walking in a spike was on the trail I hunt so it started off good. Soon two more does come down the ole' trail. Then I can hear tons of deer crossing behind me but I can't see them at all. It was getting real dark and a monster deer come down the trail but I couldn't even tell if it had horns so I thought the smart thing would be to hold off on the shot. Good night though! Good luck to all!!
Old 10-31-2004, 05:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-01-2004, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

I love hunting on Halloween. It was always good but last year I stuck a monster 138 P&Y 9 pt at 5 p.m. Halloween night. It is a great time to be out because the bucks are just starting to cruise for does and are still on somewhat of a pattern. I think its easier hunting now than the typical chase phase.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yup, I used to love to hunt halloween night, that is until children and "tricks or treats" night came along. Now the priorities are elsewhere then the woods - for that night anyway.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:48 PM

I am looking forward to the little ones joining me in the woods rather than having them out trick or treating...much more fun and better eating as well, if you know what I mean!

Quick Reply: Halloween a Lucky Night for Hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.