Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who is your hunting buddy?? >

Who is your hunting buddy??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is your hunting buddy??

Old 10-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who is your hunting buddy??

Well i had this topic posted a few months ago, and could not find it to post it back on here, so here is another one!!(YEA!!) Well i have two hunting buddies this year.........my long term hunting mentor my uncle tony, and my long term best friend who just recently bought him a climber and is spending more time with me and my uncle in the woods this year, i am very proud of him. When my two boys get old enough i will have two more hunting buddies!! Who is y'alls hunting buddy!??
Old 10-25-2004, 10:57 AM

Default RE: Who is your hunting buddy??

I've got three, and we can any of us go alone or with any of the others. My wife, my brother-in-law and father-in-law. Me and the father-in-law get to go most, but the wife goes every weekend at least once.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with my dad almost every weekend and sometimes my two bro's go. Also my 5 year old is working on his hunting skills.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:41 AM

i usually hunt ith my dad and if i dont hunt with him its either alone or with my friend from school.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:51 AM

Until recently, only my dad would fit the buddy name. Now that my son hunts, it is the three of us. Oh the things we talk about! I have other friends I hunt with but by far, my favorites are my dad and son.

Greg
Old 10-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Myself
Old 10-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most days in the woods it's Dad. But he really hasn't been bitten by the bowhunting bug. He'd rather rifle hunt for deer or pursue small game and such.

My brother in law is starting to bowhunt, but I have a hard time with him. He uses a crossbow (legal in Ohio) but doesn't realize that shot placement is the key. I have already spent an evening tracking a wounded buck that he shot when he got "brown" in the scope. Where were you when you shot? "somewhere around here" where was the deer? "I dunno out there somewhere" Ok fine where is the arrow? " I picked it up, it's back in the truck." What did the deer do after the shot. "Ran Off" Where? "I dunno across the field somewhere" arghhhhhhh. 2 hours later still hadn't picked up any sign. Went back and looked at the arrow. It had some blood and fallow on it. To his credit he did go back at first light the next day and searched and searched the area, no luck though.

needless to say I enjoy his company but not his ethics. Yes he needs educated, and we talk about details and such but since he is new and excited sometimes it's in one ear and out the other.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with some putz named Michael Willand. Unfortunately for the both of us, we've been friends since high school and continue to annoy each other throughout hunting seasons, year after year.

My main hunting buddy is still my dad though. Been hunting with the old man since I was a wee boy and I try to spend as much time with him as I can, hunting or otherwise.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:24 PM

I'm the lone wolf in my family clan. No kids or wife so I hunt alone most of the time.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Who is your hunting buddy??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.