Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shoulder shot deer >

shoulder shot deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shoulder shot deer

Old 10-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default shoulder shot deer

It don't look good. 20 yard broadside shot, hit a little far foward and dead center. Trailed blood for about 400 yards. Bright red ok trail, arrow came out when he crossed a fence. Muzzy 3 blade with tip shattered, no blades or tip attached. Blood covered arrow about 8 inches. 25 yards afer arrow came out the blood trail ended.[:'(] I searched for 5 hours with no luck finding him. I know the shot was foward, I was leading the deer as he was walking, gave a maaaa to get him to stop. He did but the bow kept going foward. With the red blood, no pass through, and the tore up muzzy, I could only conclude that I hit the front shoulder.The 400 yards was straight across a been field, so I know I wasent pushing him. I am headed back out for some more searching. Any Ideas on how far this deer could go? He lost quite abit of blood but never laid down and allowed it to pool up.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shoulder shot deer

I know how you feel, I shot a doe on Thursday night, complete pass thru. Went out Friday at sun up and looked for about 4 and a half hours. She lost a ton of blood, most of right away, and then after 100 yards it gradually stopped. I cant believe that they can lose that much blood and we cant find the deer any where. I was even on my hands and knees looking for blood. Good luck finding him if you go back out looking. Keep us posted.
Giant Nontypical

You'll find him! Bright red blood tells me an artery hit which is good! Just give him some time! I had a same type of hit last weekend. To far forward by the shoulder area, bright red blood, My doe only went 65 yards though! Keep looking! Good luck!

I think that you will have to leave him for quite a while before you go looking again. Hopefully the temps are cool enough to allow for this. Blood on the ground can be really desceaving as to really how much he lost. Looks like a lot, but might not be so much. That should be a killing shot in my opinion, but it might take a while. I shot a doe as you did..waited 1 1/2 hours before I started tracking her and kicked her up once. I backed out and came back 4 hours later and then found her. Time can only help you. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:06 PM

Sorry to hear about this situation, but it does sound promising about the shot. Start over again and you should find her soon enough. Keep us posted and hang in there[&:]
Old 10-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dont give up ,get out there at first light .
Old 10-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's Gone
Old 10-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

He's Gone
Now that sure is encouraging![&o], let us know the outcome! Good luck!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-23-2004, 11:52 PM

Good luck finding him!

Quick Reply: shoulder shot deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.