Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

intresting read

Old 10-19-2004, 07:14 PM

Default intresting read

just click the link tis worth a read

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/conserva...1/1857194.html
Old 10-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: intresting read

Sounds like that bad boy needs to be put on ice.[:-]
Old 10-19-2004, 09:48 PM

The deer are getting smarter and tougher, and we have to nip this kind of thing in the butt before the attacks become more frequent and severe.

Lol
Old 10-19-2004, 09:49 PM

Hmm that deer sounds more like a real disturber. Definately an interesting story. What I'm wondering is if this deer has been encountered by some many people, why hasnt it been killed by a hunter yet?

Edited because of skirting the profanity filter, using characters.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:01 PM

I posted this link because I feel that the more wild animals are in contact with humans the less they fear us when I look at a deer I don't see a threat but if they wanted to they could do some serious damage to us. it is the same for any wild animal coyotes etc. Thats why I don't agree with people who feed deer in their yards when they live in a suburban area these animals may seem harmless but what happens when they have no fear of humans and decide to attack I had friends that feed some racoons off there back deck and after they came around and would take food out of there hands ( I don't agree with this) but one time they came around and the family was playing in the yard and they didn't have anything for the coons well lets just say they weren't happy and they growled at them and got very aggressive and they could not scare or chase these coons away they just had no fear of humans. just my opinion
Old 10-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

In a way the story doesn't surprise me. Like the warden in the article said, the deer may have been someone's pet at one time or someone raised it when they found it somewhere. It is a known fact that more humans are injured and killed by deer per year than ANY other animal. I think that some of the numbers come from penned deer as well, but none the less, deer are very quick and powerful, and a buck in rut that's already a bit strung out doesn't need to be provoked too much. A good friend of mine stuck a nice 8 point two years ago when he heard something behind him and turned around to see the buck barely 10 feet behind him. He was dragging scent into his stand, and the buck was hot on his trail (no pun intended). When he turned around, the buck stopped at only about 8 feet from him, and then he put his head down and started pawing the ground. My buddy said he didn't know what else to do, so he put an arrow on and when he did the the buck took a couple steps at him, so he shot him. I think I probably would have done the same thing in the situation, but who knows?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:42 AM

Wow. The old buck was lucky. Personally I love his quotes

"Thank God I had the car cleaned a couple of weeks ago," Novikoff said. "If he hadn't gotten interested in looking at himself, I don't think I would have made it."
"I tried to get inside the house, but he charged me before I could," Novikoff said. "I wrestled with him, which was a mistake. I'm 80 years old; he's only about 2 or 3."
I about spit out my coffee reading this. At least the guy has a great sence of humor about the situation
Old 10-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i read this in north american hunting club magazine i got.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

This brings FAIR CHASE to a whole new level. Somehow I find that very exciting