Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Are Coyotes Dangerous? >

Are Coyotes Dangerous?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are Coyotes Dangerous?

Old 10-16-2004, 02:59 AM

Default Are Coyotes Dangerous?

We have a pack that are in the park i hunt and i wanted to know if they will attack a human, and if so, are rabies the norm from their bites?
Old 10-16-2004, 04:27 AM

Default RE: Are Coyotes Dangerous?

all I have ever encountered were wilder than any buck you will see.if you run across one that is not scared of you or starts to you,shoot him ASAP.as far as rabies,never saw one with it.(I am sure they are like fox and coons,some will have it.

I always take every one I see,with gun or bow.just a little control.humand is really there only enemy.
I wouldn't be afraid of them,just hunt and have fun.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've never heard of a coyote on a human attack so don't fear. Usually the rule of thumb with coyotes is they know your in the woods before you know your in the woods. That's one reason they are commonly heard but rarely seen. Fear not, if you were to cross trails with one for some reason, they'll turn inside getting away from you. Even at night when trailing a downed deer, they won't stick around long, even in a pack, in my own experiences.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

They wont hurt you..

If for some reason they are delerious with mange or something, they might.. but if they do... PUT THEM IN A HEADLOCK AND SQUEZZE THILL THEY ARE DEAD.. AND MY GOD DONT LET GO..
Old 10-16-2004, 07:34 AM
kec

I also hunt coyotes, They are extremely shy critters and will avoid you at all costs. If you happen to see one consider yourself lucky and shoot him if you can (if it's legal). As far as I'm concerned they are the ghosts of the woods. They can spot movement at and can smell you at great distances. Have no fear.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:53 AM

I have seen them run away and seen em come in to a fawn call but have never seen them act aggresive to a person. The roadrunner nevered seemed to have a problem with them..Beep Beep!!
Old 10-16-2004, 08:07 AM

lots where I live and they will run and watch you from a distance. there has only been like one case in like 100 yrs where a coyote attacked a person and that was a suburban coyote and happen to feel stronger than a little child. either way you will never have to worry about one and even if one did attack you have you seen how little they are I have a golden retriver/lab and he is around 110lbs and I wrestle withhim all the time a coyote is like half his size if that when in doubt go for his throat and if you see one shoot it.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

even if one did attack you have you seen how little they are I have a golden retriver/lab and he is around 110lbs and I wrestle withhim all the time a coyote is like half his size if that
In this case, size doesn't matter, in your way of thinking, a wolverine wouldn't be much of a fight neither. Although I don't think that there is any thing to worry about as far as a coyote attacking, even if there are several of them together. BUT, one on one, coyote against a dog, my money will be on the coyote in most cases, no matter the size of dog!
Old 10-16-2004, 09:06 AM

O.K. i also went to Google to find some more info. and the condensed version of the "experts"= yes they can attack you if they have been around humans and the fear factor has been eliminated. Basically, if they hang out in urban areas and are hand fed and such they can become much more aggressive when they become hungry.
Thank you all who responded and yes Beep Beep too.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Katbones

O.K. i also went to Google to find some more info. and the condensed version of the "experts"= yes they can attack you if they have been around humans and the fear factor has been eliminated. Basically, if they hang out in urban areas and are hand fed and such they can become much more aggressive when they become hungry.
Thank you all who responded and yes Beep Beep too.
That would be true but the same thing can be said about the whitetail attacking you, in fact I'd bet there has been more whitetail/human injuries than coyote/human ones and I doubt that will keep you out of the woods...in fact, that's why we're in the woods....Beep Beep...if that is the case...I'm going to flee if I ever see a roadrunner.

Quick Reply: Are Coyotes Dangerous?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.