Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When in the stand >

When in the stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When in the stand

Old 10-15-2004, 01:15 PM

Default When in the stand

I was just wondering when in the stand where you put all of your equitment without bumping it of having it fall out of the stand? because i know some of my stands are limited on space.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When in the stand

Big, I usually have my stands pre set before season, not always but when I do I pick a limb or two that I can cut with about 6 inches left to hang stuff on. Some of my stands come with gear hangers on them too.

Best of luck,

Troy
Old 10-15-2004, 01:20 PM

i hang my backpack on a strap on tree strap, i keep my call and binos in my pocket
Old 10-15-2004, 01:21 PM

Most everything I carry is inside my fanny pack which I strap right to the tree. The excpetions are my wind indicator(front pocket) rattle horns (hook installed in the tree) and my bow (in hand).

I do my best to keep things simple
Old 10-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a climbing stand so when I get jacked up and settled in I put my fanny pack around the tree. I carry everything that I need in there. My bow is in the holder that is attached to the stand and I loop my rattle bag around the post on my seat.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:11 PM

I carry everything in a fanny pack as well. after i get settled into my stand I just unhook pack from waist and strap on tree. take bow hanger from pack and screw into tree. pull up bow nok arrow and hang on hanger. bino's get hung on a hook that is on my stnd.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:09 PM

I carry a small backpack full of gear and hang it on an extra bow hanger close at hand.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:53 AM

the fanny pack sounds like the way to go to me thanks for the posts guys
Old 10-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll usually have a fanny pack or backpack depending on where I am hunting. I too strap the pack to the tree and I keep my grunt tube tucked in my jacket. Usually keep my rattling bag handy and keep it in my pocket when not in use. I lay my bow across the gun rest on my stand and it works well for me.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:02 PM

I carry a couple of screw in hooks that come with the string I use to pull my bow up on each side of the tree. Once I get up I hang my quiver on one, and my backpack on the other, then only have the bow to deal with

Quick Reply: When in the stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.