Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Taking a "deuce" in the woods while hunting. >

Taking a "deuce" in the woods while hunting.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Taking a "deuce" in the woods while hunting.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Taking a "deuce" in the woods while hunting.

I'm curious to what extent you guys take with going #2 when nature calls when your in stand. Find a cozy spot on a log or next to a tree whenever...wherever? Carry a bag or something with you(for the nuts crazy scent guys)? I mean sometimes a guy can hold it and just wait till you get home, but there are just times when you just have to go. I'm not asking for any details, but just really if you do and do you think it matters. I don't think the deer equate a deuce as a threat or danger, so I don't think it matters. But what do you guys say? Let's try and keep this G rated so the mods don't get mad. K?
Old 10-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Taking a "deuce" in the woods while hunting.

It's only happend to me once in 18 years of hunting. Thank God I was hunting on the ground.......I barely got my bibs out of the way in time.[X(] I shot a good doe there the next morning.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:39 PM

I just sit on a log and let her go. Happens to me at least once a season.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:50 PM

nature calls almost every time I get out in the woods. I always go to a place where I'm not hunting and take care of it. Then return to the stand.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:08 PM

I make sure to take care of any business before leaving for the woods. Once there i dont eat much so i dont have to worry about a second round while still in the woods.

This method works well but is not entirely perfect, once i walked the 1.5 miles back down the mountain and back to camp cause it was way too cold and on another occasion i left a couple flannel sleeves in the leaves. on a side note, i wish i had the cash to afford flannel TP all the time
Old 10-14-2004, 01:09 PM

Last season I had the urge to "drop the kids off at the pool" while hunting. I could not wait, so I took care of business about 20 yards from where I was sitting. A buck walked by within 2 hours of this happening and did not seem spooked at all.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:19 PM

man you jsut got to let 'er rip. I once was fishing in canada and i had one hit me....me and a buddy had to paddle to a small island, and i got 'er done just in time. Looked around and all that was on the island was rocks fish bones and two pine trees. Lets just say i went home short one pair of tighty whities. IF i had a choice ill pass up a hunting opertunity to drop off a good load anyday.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:23 PM

Put in a dip before you go in the woods. Works every time.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't always just "go on demand." I always carry a small roll of TP with me for just such an emergency and am very thankful several times each season that's it's with me. Even though it might not spook deer, I'm not so sure and I try to take care of business away from where I'm hunting.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 PM

When I gun hunt I often eat an MRE for lunch - it's amazing what a warm meal does for the spirits. In the MRE is a small pack of "army issue" sandpaper .... I mean toilet paper. I save them and there's always one in my fanny pack.

On a humorous note, I remember one of my first years hunting when nature called. It was 4 degrees out with a windchill of something like 14 below ... and I had on an old set of "farmer brown billy bobs" as we called them - one piece longjohns - the kind with the little trap door in the back.....

Problem was, the button had busted off, and rather than simply putting another button on I had sewed the backdoor shut so that it didn't buch up on me. I had to strip down to bare skin ..... wow that was cold.

I was done in record time (10 seconds I think) ... still makes me shiver just thinking about it.

Quick Reply: Taking a "deuce" in the woods while hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.