Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Chalk one up for Team #20 >

Chalk one up for Team #20

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chalk one up for Team #20

Old 10-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Chalk one up for Team #20

So last night I'm on my way home from work and I beep my hunting partner Mike on the radio. No answer. I'm thinking to myself "Man, he can't be out hunting. It's been pouring down rain almost all day and he's been sick all week." Well low and behold about an hour later I'm sitting at home watching tv and he calls me - "I just shot a buck." So I gather my things and meet him and my dad at his hunting spot. We pick up the blood trail and follow it for probably 200-250 yards. The entire time it's a pretty good blood trail, with only a few spots where we really had to look hard to find blood. After awhile we hear something in the woods up ahead of us and were unsure whether or not it was the deer we were tracking, so we quietly backed out for the night and let him be. First thing this morning Mike goes back out to look for him and low and behold, he's laying not 10 feet from where we stopped last night. The deer was slightly quartering into him when he shot and he caught the back of one lung, liver, and out the front of the gut on the opposite side. I'm sure the deer was expired by the time we got near him last night, we just didn't know for sure.

He's a pretty decent 2 1/2 year old 6 point with about a 16" spread and some pretty decent mass. Not a monster, but a nice buck regardless. We gross scored him at just a hair under 100". Not bad for a 6 pointer.

Here's the lucky hunter.

Old 10-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Chalk one up for Team #20

Well now Justin.....have your team mate get that buck entered in the official score card thread so we can get it on the board. Congratulate him for us...by the way, what is his username and does he post at all here. Your right, that is one heck of a 6 pter.......He'd deceive you on the hoof.

Nice buck...

By the way, that is a fantstic photograph as well...some of the boys thus far apparently haven't read the "Photo" thread pinned to the top...[8D]
Old 10-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

He posts here as "dukemichaels", put I'm going to have to walk him through how to post a picture in the Offical Scorecard thread. We'll probably get around to that sometime tonight, he was busy taking the deer to the locker service today because it's still a little warm outside. We did score him though.

Unfortunately we couldn't get the deer's legs underneath him for the photo, he was a bit stiff from laying all night. [8D]
Old 10-09-2004, 11:09 AM

Justin congrats to your teamate, thats a heck of a 6pnt.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice sixer!!!

Congratulations indeed.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats!!
Old 10-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the nice buck!!!! I shot a six point similar in size to that 2 years ago, almost got a shoulder mount.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your buddy on his buck!!
Old 10-09-2004, 04:05 PM

Right on! Looks like he's breathing a big sigh of relief in that picture! lol

Nice buck!
Old 10-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Congrats dukemichaels and team 20!

Quick Reply: Chalk one up for Team #20

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.