Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally scored this evening!!! >

Finally scored this evening!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally scored this evening!!!

Old 10-08-2004, 08:25 PM

Default Finally scored this evening!!!

Since my first year bow hunting this is the latest I have gone without filling a tag so needless to say Ive been bummed the last couple days. This afternoon I got to my stand around 3pm but spooked several deer on the way in including 2 out of the thicket I was hunting. About 4pm I glanced over towards a lockon stand Ive got for gun season about 40yds to my right and noticed a lone doe walking past it. She continued to my right and ended up behind me walking away from me. I did a couple doe grunts to hopefully get her attention but instead she threw her head up in the air and winded me. She stayed in that area for about 10minutes sniffing and looking my direction then got down in an old roadbed which is about 25yds away between me and my other stand. She was heading past me so I drew my bow as she came to an opening and ofcourse she picked this time to turn straight towards me. She closed the gap to about 15yds very slowly and continued to face me for abother 30seconds. Keep in mind Ive been at full draw for well over a minute at this point then right as I thought my arm was giving out she turned to my right and gave me what I thought was a perfectly broadside 15yd shot. I let my new Bowtech rip and sent a Carbon Express through the boiler room. She bolted and ran about 30yds then just stood there looking around trying to figure out what just happened. Suddenly she leaned to the left then fell hard on her right side. It was all over in about 15 seconds for her. I gave her about 10minutes while I called a couple people to let em know I had one down then went to retrieve my arrow. When I found it it was covered in green slime and smelled like guts and there was no blood to be found. Ofcourse I was kinda confused at this but continued on since I knew she was down. Turns out she was slightly quartering towards me at the shot so the entrance was right behind the shoulder but the exit hole was right at the last rib which I think just barely caught the stomach or atleast a food pipe of some sort.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally scored this evening!!!

Great job! Thats the worst feeling when you've had your bow back for over a minute and all of a sudden you realize........I can't hold it and am so shakey I can't aim! Glad you made a great shot.

Good Luck on the next one!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:39 PM

GREAT JOB SHE LOOKS GOOD AND HEALTHY
Old 10-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go,Just curious how long did it take you to get this doe. Gee here in Pa I have hunted up to 6 weeks before getting a shot
Old 10-09-2004, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shot , way to go!
Old 10-09-2004, 02:02 AM

Cardeer- Season opened here on the 1st but I didnt get a chance to get out until the 4th or 5th. I took this deer on my 4th evening hunt.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:58 AM

very ice shot congrats on the deer!
Old 10-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats. She'll be tasty.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the fine doe!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:09 AM

congratulations on the doe

Quick Reply: Finally scored this evening!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.