Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to wear under ASAT? >

What to wear under ASAT?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to wear under ASAT?

Old 10-06-2004, 06:44 PM

Default What to wear under ASAT?

Since my 3d ASAT suit is made out of mesh, it gets cold. Also the bugs are really bad now. What do you wear under your ASAT?
Old 10-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What to wear under ASAT?

I wear Scent Lok under my ASAT camo.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now when its still warm out, I only wear my scent lok. When it gets colder I'll layer up between my scent lok and ASAT.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:30 PM

ASAT
Old 10-07-2004, 04:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cloths of some kind be it shorts and a t-shirt or something else lightweight. That way you can also remove the camo after you leave the woods.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:28 PM

I've been wearing and selling the ASAT for about 6 months now. I share my findings with my customers and they share theirs with me.

I have found the ASAT leafy wear suit to be somewhat of a wind breaker. The close-knit mesh does a fairly good job in windy conditions.

During the warm/hot weather, I wear a tee shirt and shorts under it. As the weather gets colder, I find myself wearing long pants and long-sleeved shirt under it. As the season progresses, I'll wear whatever kind of heavier clothing I can; but, I'll keep the ASAT as an outer layer.

Even my MOBU Hunter Safety Vest is always the layer under the ASAT leafy wear. I learned early on, by watching Davidmil with something else mixed with ASAT, that the 'other stuff' just stands out over ASAT. I also have a MOBU leafy wear Scent Blocker suit, and that goes under the ASAT.

If your ASAT leafy wear suit is bought big enough, you'll be able to always use it as an outer layer. Just don't buy it too big.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Len,
im about 6'-1" tall and about 190#, what size leafy asat guille suit woudl you recomend getting? i woudl like to get another one because i think the one i purchased is a little too tight right now for when it gets colder out, i wear a t-**** and sweat pants under it now and it doesnt have a whole lot of room left after that.
i think i have large right now. should i go up to extralarge?

thansk in advance
Old 10-07-2004, 03:13 PM

I bought a large, but I wear a medium. I wanted the extra room. I bought. it and tried it on. I was shocked it was this big one me. I was worried at first, but am glad I bought the bigger size.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:27 PM

You're just a little taller than me but weigh about the same. I would definitely go with the XL. That size was out of stock for quite a while but they're in stock now at most Dealers. You should find the prices at the Dealers and from the web site to be the same.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I also wear all other everything under my ASAT Leafy 3D Wear.....in the early season warmer weather right now I'm wearing my Scent Lok Base Slayer and Scent Blocker underlayment....when the weather turns colder I'll throw on my BDU pants in ASAT and ASAT jacket...when the weather turns really cold I throw on my ASAT insulated bibs and jacket.....

Like Len, be sure to cover everything else your wearing with the ASAT....you'd be surprised how terrible the other patterns on the market stick out like a sore thumb in contrast....

Quick Reply: What to wear under ASAT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.