Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GUT SHOT ONE TONIGHT PLEASE HELP >

GUT SHOT ONE TONIGHT PLEASE HELP

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GUT SHOT ONE TONIGHT PLEASE HELP

Old 10-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: GUT SHOT ONE TONIGHT PLEASE HELP

It depends on when the deer dies. My buddy shot one at 4:00 pm and it was still alive at 9:45 am when we found it.

If you can take the day off do it. You made the bad hit, do what it takes to retrieve the animal.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

I think I am going to take everyones advice and take off tommorow and go at first light and find my deer thanks for all your responces and I will keep you updated
Old 10-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

FIRST LIGHT! 3 o'clock tomarrow is too late. Because you backed off....you should find it quickly. It should of bedded down quickly and as long as you didn't push it, it will be there. Tell work you'll be alittle late or start looking an hour before light.

Wishing you luck!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

my dad shot a buck in the gut last year , it was in the mid 30s all night and the deer was still trashed ! you gotta think that deer is layin there all night with toxin running throughout its body , that is what kills it , not being able to not breathe or nething , it poisons itself on its own gut juices!!!!

If you find it tommorow and skin it , if all the blood vessels are really buldged and it smells bad , get rid of it , thts how my dads was and it wasnt even a thought to keep it around!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:26 PM
kec

Good luck finding it...it should be near by. Sometimes a gutshot deer will head to water. If you can't find it check the nearest water source.

Good Luck

KEC
Old 10-06-2004, 10:41 PM

Two years ago I shot one at dusk and it started raining, lost the trail. the following morning found it and about half of the deer was eaten. Find it quick!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:46 AM

Yep water is where a gut shot deer will go they tend to get very thirsty becuase of the stomach wound

Old 10-07-2004, 04:47 AM

Good luck!
Old 10-07-2004, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

How in the world could you even wait until 3:00? Drives me nuts when I've had to wait for first light to finish tracking an animal. I think I slept about 18 minutes that night. I couldn't wait.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Double lung how you figure that out? The buck I mentioned my friend shooting meat was fine,he had been stewing in his own toxins for about 16 hours,alive.

Quick Reply: GUT SHOT ONE TONIGHT PLEASE HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.