Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks neighbor ! >

Thanks neighbor !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks neighbor !

Old 10-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks neighbor !

My youngest brother came over last night for his first chance at bowhunting. I was unable to join him for the hunt but I was able to set him up in a nice spot about 150 yards from my house. The wind wasn't ideal for any of my tree stand locations so he setup on the ground at the base of a fallen tree. Around 6pm he comes knocking on the door with a big smile and told me he connected with a nice 8pt buck about 45min earlier. He dropped off his gear and picked up some toilet paper and some peroxide for tracking. Just after dark he came back empty handed. Apparently the blood trail weakened and the last drops he could find were just before crossing into my neighbors property. This propery is posted so I called and left a msg. for them to contact me when they had a chance. About 10:30pm last night my neighbor calls me and I explain the situation. He immediate turned into an instant a__hole over the phone. [&:] He told me "Tough s__t, sorry about your luck. If I see anyone on my property I will call the police." and then hung up on me. [:@][:@][:@]

My brother called the game commission this morning but they said there was nothing they could do. He was told that they do not get involved in situations such as this except for instances where the deer is laying in plain sight. Then they would send someone to retreive the downed deer from the property.

Talk about mixed emotions! I feel bad for my brother but on the other hand I'm ticked off at my neighbor! [:@] I plan on leaving work a little early with hopes of talking to my neighbor face to face to see if we can resolve the issue.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:26 AM

Default RE: Thanks neighbor !

Well,..........I guess I'd be paying fines for trespassing!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

good idea. that is terrible. your poor brother. now is the time for you to kiss some major butt. hehe.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW![:-] That sucks! Hopefully you will sort it out in person. Good Luck and Congrats to your bro!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Spike

ya that sucks u didnt tell him that is was a buck did u b/c thats probly y he wont let u go get it. if that happend to me i would call them and tell them that i shot a doe and it went over.

SOME people are like that thay dont care who got it if its a buck thay want it.if it were me i would go get it at night late at nite with a red flash lightlike abt 2 or 3 am when he is in bed

huntingmichigan
Old 10-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

WHAT A D$*K!
What is he hiding on his property for crying out loud. I mean you were kind enough to call ask, and wait for a response. Is he against hunting, or he just likes to rub people the wrong way.
Remember when u meet with him face to face that cooler heads prevail.

Im not condoning a co-vert mission to sneak on and get the deer, but thats probably what I would do! If he is an a$$ to me I would be one to him!

Jim
Old 10-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck to you. I feel your pain as I had a similar experience about 12 years or so ago. This buck did not have a big rack but had points everywhere. He crossed property lines and I am sure he was dead in the next 100 yards. The neighbor said no way. I called a deputy friend of mine to come and assist me with this. He told me all he could do was make sure I did not enter the property. Seems there is no law giving me the right to retrieve a dead animal that I killed. I still get a little pi$$ed about it when I think of it.[:@]
Old 10-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like some BS. I know that in WI you have by law the right to track your deer regardless of who's property it is on.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Deplomency is the best method, good luck and don't loose your cool.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Spike

if my neighbor shot a deer and it went on my property i wold help him find it

im shure most of u would too

i would rember that and if he shoots a deer and it go's on ur property i wouldent let him get it i would say paybacks are a B!@#h!!!!!!!!!

huntingmichigan

Quick Reply: Thanks neighbor !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.