Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ok Here is what happend >

Ok Here is what happend

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok Here is what happend

Old 10-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ok Here is what happend

Well Just as shooting hours were about to expire a doe finally comes into my food plot. I stood up and seen it so I sat back down.(Without her knowing) I drew my bow and stood up and shot at her. When I did I noticed that 4 other deer ran off. But she ran off in a differen't direction as she did. I think I missed but it looked like I hit it right above the leg behind the shoulder or right in the shoulder. But my best guess is that I missed. I am going to wait untl the morning to go out and see if I can find my arrow. This is my first year bowhunting and this is EXCITING. If I can't find my arrow or anything and I know I missed I am going to wait til this weekends Youth Hunt and go out with my gun! Maybe they will be back in there. I have done shot at 1 and missed. Right back in my field but not in the same place. I HOPE I HIT IT. If I hit it right in the shoulder blade would that be a good hit or not? I had a Carbon Experess Terminator Hunter 4560 arrow with 100gr 3 blade muzzy. I finally got my broadheads hitting with my fieldpoints

Trapper_Hunter
Old 10-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok Here is what happend

Sorry the arrow was 6075 Not a 4560/

Trapper_HUnter
Old 10-05-2004, 06:24 PM

What was the range of the shot? Did you hear the shot hit?
Old 10-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The range was probably about 30-35 yards. I dindn't hear the shot hit. Then again I wasn't listening for anything I was just watching!

Trapper_Hunter
Old 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think letting it sit is probably a good idea. Finding an arrow in the dark would have been very difficult. Get back out at first light and FIND that arrow and look hard for blood. Even if you don't find the arrow still look for blood. How far did she run before you lost site of her? Good luck and don't give up until you know you missed.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

What makes you think you hit it behind or in the shoulder if your not even sure you hit her? Thats a long shot for low light conditions, one that often needs to be passed on. If you did hit it in the shoulder blade you would of most lilkely heard the loud crack of broadhead hitting bone. Also your arrow most likely would be sticking out. If she ran from the other deer that could indicate a hit deer...........dabow
Old 10-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got out and looked this morning. Couldn't find the arrow or anyblood or anything. There was more tracks out there so they were back last night sometime again. I know I shouldof passed on the shot buy my adreniline got ahead of me.I lost site of her after she turned and ran into the woodline. MY papa came out there and asked me if I saw anything and we heard her running in the woods. so we left not to bother her. But I couldn' find anything. We looked for blood and everything. NOthing!

Trapper_Hunter
Old 10-06-2004, 11:30 AM

If you couldn't find the arrow then you might have hit her and not had a pass through. IF this is the case there wouldn't be much blood. You need to go to the point she entered the woods and look for blood there. If there's a main trail that's obvious follow that looking for blood.

I don't admit a miss unless I find my clean arrow. Good luck.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

And you people wonder why every now and again someone snaps and goes off on someone when we come here day after day and read stories like this.

GET OUT THERE AND KEEP LOOKING FOR THE DEER. READ THE TRACKING THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE MAIN PAGE. KNOW WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO EVEN SHOOT ONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:'(]
Old 10-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I hit it right in the shoulder blade would that be a good hit or not?
If you have to ask that question, you may want to do a liitle homework and learn shot placements.

Quick Reply: Ok Here is what happend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.