Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heat?

Old 10-04-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Heat?

I haven't seen any deer. I just thought about this. Would the heat have anything to do with their movement. It is about 90 + degrees here.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heat?

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ ZACK! 90 something freekin degrees???[][] Where do u live, in the devils arm pit!?? Yea i would say that you need to hunt water, and hunt all day becuase think about it, would you want to walk around the woods all day in that heat yourself? I thought not..........me either. It is in the 40's here in ohio, i am loving it, good luck and pray for colder weather.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Ditto on the hunt near water advice ,
deer drink far more when it's hot . If the deer don't show you can always go skinny dipping ...
Old 10-04-2004, 05:27 PM

I live on the beach in Mississippi. It is in the high 80's but feels like 90's. Friday the high is supposed to be 81. We had a storm pass. I do not have any water to hunt, as I hunt on a small piece of property. I hunt in a dense piece of woods. There are tons of tracks. I think they are moving through the night when it is cooler. When it cools down, do you think they will begin to move during the day?
Old 10-04-2004, 07:30 PM

here in georgia its really hot too. usually upper 80's to low 90's. if you dont have any water to hunt on, right now bean/peanut fields and the such are great spots to hunt. try looking on the sides farthest away from any roads and back by thick treelines. if theres a fence on the property line, search for a break or sag in the fence where deer could pass easier that jumping over a normal fence. we purposely cut a small section out in one of ours and now deer are using it all the time because its easier than jumping.
raim
Old 10-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, its to dang hot to hunt here in Georgia!

Saturday I left at 8:30 cause I had sweet running down my back![:'(]

BUT....... Sunday I stayed untill about 10:30 and I connected on a nice doe walking along a creek bed. Its my second bow harvest! I know its just an old doe, but its mine and I got it with a bow which is why Im happy