Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Opening day success in Illinois >

Opening day success in Illinois

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening day success in Illinois

Old 10-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Opening day success in Illinois

Got out of class at 11am. Drove home, got everything together, showered and was in my stand and ready by 2pm. At 5 a doe and fawn came in from the west. One was 15 yards out with the other close behind, then a walnut fell and spooked them a little so the went back where they came from. At 5:25 here they come again from the north. She stepped into my lane at 15 yards and fell 50 yards from where I shot her. Quartering away went in behind the left shoulder and out in front of the right. Not a bad way to start the season. I'll post pics when they get developed!

I used a 2002 Hoyt Magnatec, Magnus stinger 100 gr. 4 blade heads, Blackhawk Vapor arrows, a MBG Trap door rest and a TR Matrix sight, and wore ASAT camo. The deer looked right at me a handful of times and never noticed a thing. Awesome stuff!!! Also I was wearing a scent blocker liner suit under the ASAT leafy suit. The deer circled down wind the second time they came through and didn't appear to be able to smell me.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Opening day success in Illinois

Great job! Can't ask for something better than that. Make sure to get those pics up on here.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:51 PM

sound like a great start hope ya get many more
Old 10-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

meat in the freezer, whens supper????????????

way to go
Old 10-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could hear turkeys near me but they traveled away from me...........I had a spindley racked 8 pointer at 26 yards from my stand around 8:30am but passed on him he isnt the kinda buck I want to take, he needs to get some mass on the rack and do some growing. Decided to sit out the wind this am and try again Sunday am.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your doe, and good luck on the rest of your season!
Old 10-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good deal
Old 10-02-2004, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Lady Forge

I could hear turkeys near me but they traveled away from me...........I had a spindley racked 8 pointer at 26 yards from my stand around 8:30am but passed on him he isnt the kinda buck I want to take, he needs to get some mass on the rack and do some growing. Decided to sit out the wind this am and try again Sunday am.
here in the 'wonderful' bible belt we aren't allowed to hunt on sunday. ain't that a crock.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's on the doe titleist! sure is a great way to start the season off isn't it ?

nubo
Old 10-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

titleist,
Did you kill yours near hillsboro? I got one opening day near Patoka...nice doe. Glad to see u got one under the belt.

Quick Reply: Opening day success in Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.