Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I wonder.............. >

I wonder..............

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I wonder..............

Old 10-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I wonder..............

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

I do start getting bitter towards such threads but only because there is already a thread sticky'd on the top of this forum with all the info someone would need. http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=355101
Thank you, I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately there is nothing any of us can do from behind a computer that could help a hunter find his animal other than pick apart the actual shot and then we're only going on what has been told to us and likely isn't accurate. The recovery post gives so much experience in finding downed game and so many scenerios are already present. Everyone there posted something that should help. Personally I regret seeing wounded posts each year. I personally feel it should be kept to oneself for experience and not shared to the public. We helped too few who posted their wound vs the bad publicity of the post itself. IMHO
Old 10-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

We almost need a sticky thread at the page top.

Title (wounded deer ..what to do) and let the Vets post a consensus of proper recovery techniques
There is one called recovery that is "stuck" at the top.

Yeah I knew there was something kinda along those lines up there. I reckon 1 day i should read it!
Old 10-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

let the Vets post a consensus of proper recovery techniques

A consensus - on anything, is that possible??? If that ever happned, I'd probably stop reading this forum. - Not joking either.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Silent...I agree. I think sometimes a guy might think he made a great hit and followed all the rules but still can't find his deer and looks here for advice or support and I am cool with that. However, the yahoos that make stupid lazy mistakes from the time they got out of their vehicle to hunt, right up until the time they post the story on the internet are the ones that make me sick and cause me to want to let loose with scorching flames and frankly, I think they deserve it.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not shy, I don't like the wounded deer posts, if the guy is sincere and hit a twig or something, I'll offer support. If he is some yahoo that went against all the rules or took a low % shot, I'll let him know my opinion on the deal.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:39 PM

How does one decifer who is an idiot and who followed the rules and made a bad hit? We are hunting critters with tremedous speed and reflexes using bows and arrows. Wounding happens it's part of bowhunting. I think that most people who wound an animal are sick about it. Posting on here may be the only way to vent that feeling. Sure their are lots of slobs out there, but by in large most hunters are decent people.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

However, the yahoos that make stupid lazy mistakes from the time they got out of their vehicle to hunt, right up until the time they post the story on the internet are the ones that make me sick and cause me to want to let loose with scorching flames and frankly, I think they deserve it
I would agree! But when reading these mishaps on a message board how do we decipher "the yahoos that make stupid lazy mistakes" from a kid just starting out? Or anyone starting out? You dont have to be young to be a beginner.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the guy comes here and says he saw the biggest buck ever and just HAD to take a shot even though it was 40 yds thru brush and facing him, and now he can't find it he's an idiot.

There is more than enough information on here to keep even the newest of hunters from making the most basic of mistakes. Its one thing if a bad shot just happens out of bad luck, its a whole different ball game when its ignorance.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bump
Old 10-26-2004, 02:20 PM

I only get bothered when someone obviously doesnt try. They are looking for the rest of us to get upset. In this forum we have (from what I've noticed) an unwritten code of ethics as bowhunters. It's a good thing. We keep each other honest, safe, and ethical. If someone that is a bowhunter and is regularly a member of this forum they should understand that by following the posts. The concensus is that we don't agree with hurting an animal or giving up on the chase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.