Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Temperature Question >

Temperature Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Temperature Question

Old 10-01-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Temperature Question

Other than the fact that I might freeze my n _ ts off tomorrow morning, is it a bad idea to go bowhunting here in Minnesota when the temps will be below 30 degrees? Do deer typically move when its this cold. This would be my first time bowhunting. I want to try then as it might be one of the few free times I can get out there this season. My son was just born four weeks ago and I like to spend as much time on the weekends as I can with him and his mother. Going in the early morning when they're typically sleeping is a nice way to get out there and not miss out on any of this time with them. Your thoughts appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Temperature Question

Considering how cold winters are up there 30 degrees is not going to stop them from moving, heck I live in Va. which is no where near as cold as up there and they move even when it is down in the single digits. Single digits is rare here but I have seen it a few times in my 50+ years.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The cool weather should actually help deer movement. Good luck and congrats on the new youngun!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Other than the fact that I might freeze my n _ ts off tomorrow morning, is it a bad idea to go bowhunting here in Minnesota when the temps will be below 30 degrees?
Man, I wouldn't be complaining about that. I'd be excited to have that Temp in early Oct.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:11 AM

They should be moving like crazy
Old 10-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Absolutely!!! I live in ND and the deer move much better when the temp is 10-40 degrees this time of year. I'm always anxious for the first hard freeze and the first measurable snowfall because it seems the deer are really on the move during those 2 times. It going to be in the low 20s here tonight so I will be out tonight and tomorrow morning. Can't wait!!
Old 10-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

1st off, congrats to you and yours, on the birth of your child. Second, cool weather (low pressure moving in), especially during this time of the year, seems to get deer up and moving early...here anyway. Good luck.

Troy
Old 10-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wish it was going to be 30 degrees for my opener tomorrow.

Good luck.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:05 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will head out tomorrow morning!
Old 10-01-2004, 04:11 PM

Chucker 34, as others have mentioned tomorrow morning should be a good time to be out there. With the rain and winds we're having today, I would think the cool temps and the prediction of lighter winds tomorrow should be a good combo. Hopefully these temps should take care of alot of the bugs also. I know I'll be out there tomorrow. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Temperature Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.