Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Non-Typical DeerCam DC-200 >

Non-Typical DeerCam DC-200

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Non-Typical DeerCam DC-200

Old 09-29-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Non-Typical DeerCam DC-200

Well guys,

This morning I got my Non-Typical DeerCam DC-200 from the good man in the brown truck! I ordered it Saturday morning from SSOutdoors (I had a problem entering my credit card number but after contacting the owner, he told me it never went through and that I could try it again, if that didn't work then he could put it through manually, but it worked) which is a good company with the best price for this unit.

Well, the first thing I noticed was that this unit looks great. The 3-D treebark camo looks awsome and you just know that it is gonna work great for keeping people from noticing the unit.

The set-up is a breeze as long as you skim through the manual. I read the entire manual today and this is a very simple unit. Put your two 9volt batteries in, then put two AA batteries in the camera, set the cameras date and time, turn the dial for the desired delay setting, load the film, attach to a tree, turn on and you are ready to go.

I really love the time delay settings which are 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, and 1 hour. This allows you to really tune into a certain situation in which the camera is being used. If it is on a trail, the 15 seconds will come in handy, but if it is in a food station, the hour delay will be very nice.

The unit also has two sensativity ratings, there is a standard setting and a sensative setting. I set my unit up in a small food plot this afternoon and set the camera on the sensative mode as I have seen some nice gobblers bugging in this plot.

The unit has a camera that you can take out and use independantly. What is nice about this is that there are no cables or wires hanging out.

Like I said, I have the camera set in a small food plot that has been seeing decent activity! The unit is set on the sensative sensor, and I have the camera set for 1 picture every 15 seconds (I really want to get my first roll through it). I am using Kodak Max Versatillity 400 speed film. The AA batteries that are in it are the Panasonice Industrials that came with the unit while as the 9volts are Panasonics that I purchased at the store. I am going to test out these batteries beside Duracells, Energizers, and Rayovaks to see what performs the best.

One awsome feature is that the "test" mode truly works. Most units "test" mode will not pick up activity at far distances, I know my Stealth Cam MC2-G's won't pick up activity in test mode more than 15 feet from the unit. With the DC-200, I was setting the "test" light off at over 20 yards. This really helps you see where the unit is aimed.

I will keep ya'll updated on how the unit performs, battery life, and I will definetly be posting some pics (hopefully with some nice bucks)
Old 09-29-2004, 11:03 PM

Default RE: Non-Typical DeerCam DC-200

I have 3 DC-200 scouting cameras and I love them. They will operate 3 months on only 2 9-volt batteries. The picture quality is excellent as well as the anti theft system. The feature that I like best is by purchasing the optional expander unit you can set the time range you want the camera to operate in. I set my camera right on the trail my stand is watching during hunting season and set the camera to take picutres from 7 am to 7 pm. This will only allow the camera to take daylight pictures and the deer will never know that they got their picture taken. This will keep the deer from avoiding the camera over time by them seeing the flash. Thus, I know exactly what comes by my stand during daylight hours while I am not there.