Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

binoculars

Old 09-29-2004, 08:56 PM

Default binoculars

what type of eyes do you bring to the forest with you? I usually use tasco's palm size 12x25 which are a decent pair of binos but I recently picked up a pair of tasco's7x35 zip zoom they are very inexspensive a bit bigger than the palm size and don't have the zoom that the palm size had but I still love them. they have a rubber coating and when the light is low they are a lot better than the palms plus they are a heck of alot clearer than the palms annother advantage I find with these is are alot better for looking through the bush with while I am going to my blind/stand or still hunting and I wear them so when I am going to shoot they sit right behind my bow arm out of the way of my string. sorry for rambling on.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: binoculars

I have a pair of Pentax DCF-SP 8X43's on a Bino Buddy system that goes everywhere with me........LOVE those things. Bright , clear crisp and completely weatherproof.
I started taking binos a lot more seriously when PA went to their Antler Restrictions to look deer over closer, and I wish I had bought a good pair sooner.
I look at everything with them........from long range approaching deer , to scanning after a shot, to checking out a cool Owl 3 trees over. Won't leave home without em'
Old 09-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

I have a pair of Leupold's Wind River Mesa Compact 8x23, they are great and very durable. They have been to hell and back in the past 5 years and still work perfect. Some of the best $100 I have spent.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:16 PM

I have a pair of B&L 10x42, fogproof, water proof, adjustable eyecups, and the biggest pieces of crap I have ever owned. They are 2 years old and seeing double, never actually been fog proof, and to top it all off I paid 299.00 for them and saw them in the paper a year later for 99.00. Also use a bino system and love that, my last trip outdoors I took my 7 years olds 19.00 Tasco's, ahhhhh. Next pair will be 10x Swarovski's.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:28 PM

Wind River 8X42 binos. I think im gunna get some more powerful ones for next year though so i can scout from farther away. Theyre great in the woods though.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:45 AM

I have a Simon 10x42 Pro hunters. They are great binos, there not to balky but still can see a pretty good distance with them. I also have a small tiny pari of bushnell 12x25 that I carry as my backups.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Brunton 10X50's

And I'd like to take the time to anyone who reads this post that doesn't use bino's to say that they are a very valuable part of archery equipment. Many people say if I can't see it I can't shoot it anyway but how many times do you think you miss deer that you don't see.....I know you are. I use my bino's to scan the woods that is just out of eye sight and many times I've picked up parts of deer that I wouldn't normally have seen...many times they are bucks that I then call into range for a good look, some I've shot and without bino's .....no deer.

Also, post shot...very valuable..See recovery thread pinned to top.....I've used bino's to see deer bed down after the shot...otherwise you might think of getting down and spook said animal...I've seen deer go down after the shot only with the help of bino's...I've used bino's to see the hole on the deer and know when or when not to track...again see "Recovery post pinned at top". I've used bino's to spot my arrow on the ground after the shot...I've used my bino's while tracking to see live bedded deer before pushing them from their bed and sat back to wait for the animal to expire.....

If your not taking bino's into the archery woods with you.....you'll never know what your missing...They are a very valuable tool.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't like using Bino for deer hunting from stands. But, I also don't hunt in areas where I can see more then about 50 yards.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:37 AM

Look at the review I posted a couple weeks ago in the Equipment Review area of this website.

I posted about my new Pentax 10 X 43 Binos- GREAT bino's, with a lifetime warranty...
Old 09-30-2004, 08:46 AM

I've got Wind River Mesa compact series. Very durable and a great buy.

Quick Reply: binoculars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.