Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Grunt call around neck. >

Grunt call around neck.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Grunt call around neck.

Old 09-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Grunt call around neck.

Do you guys keep your grunt call around your neck? Does it get in the way with your bow string? I might do that this year because I'm always worried I won't have enough time to put my call away if a deer comes running in. Thanks-Sam
Old 09-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Grunt call around neck.

Trust me.......if you put it around your neck and let it hang in front of you, YOU WILL AT SOME TIME SHOOT IT.....you'll probably miss and have some interesting marks on your neck! I have one hunting partner who's done it!

Good Luck!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:55 PM

I hang mine on an extra footpeg or stuff it into a deeper pocket. I suppose I could stuff it in my collar if I had to real quick.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hang mine on my neck, but I make sure it is tucked in my jacket or shirt when not in use.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:26 PM

Or you could just get a bowgrunter plus and stop messing with tube calls?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:33 PM

I posted a site that showed a new 3 in 1 grunt, doe bleat and fawn brawl made by flambeau it has a como cloth covered bag that you squeezeto make the sound it straps right on to your bow just under your handle. so you can be at full draw and still use it without any effort and it is very light weight so you won't even know its there.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

My buddy caught his while he shot, tore the back and sides of his neck up, burned him real bad! He was HURTING! Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!!!!![:-]
Old 09-28-2004, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

DON'T DO IT, unless you have it tucked away somewhere in a pocket or underneath your outer clothing. Trust me, I am talking from experience. When I was turkey hunting last spring I had my b-nocs around my neck and caught them in my string when I attempted a shot. Long story short, my world got flipped upside down and needless to say I didn't get the turkey. I can't help but to laugh about it now, but it sure wasn't funny at the time and it cost me a bird with my bow.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:55 PM

If you’re worried about having a grunt tube around your neck look into the A-way bowgrunter. It pins to outside of your camo and the opposite side of your bow. It has a tube runs up to your mouth so there is no hand movement to use it. Can even grunt at full draw. I’ve been using it for 3 years now and will not go in to the woods with out it
Old 09-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep my true talker around my neck, but keep it tucked into my harness or jacket if im not using it.

Quick Reply: Grunt call around neck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.