Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how often you practice? >

how often you practice?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how often you practice?

Old 09-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how often you practice?

In the winter I don't shoot at all, but once spring comes I shoot anywhere from 2-5 times a week. It really depends on my mood. I usually shoot a good 50-75 arrows during each session.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:54 PM

I shoot from 25-100 arrows a session depending on how well I'm doing and how I feel. I try to do this 4-6 times a week.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:20 PM

Pretty much every day, not always though. When it's nice out I will shoot for an hour or so at a time. I will shoot my bow, then do something else, then get it back out again and shoot some more. Some times I will shoot it three or four times a day. I have shot for more than 5 hours in one day before. I shoot less in the winter because I don't care for cold weather, but probably shoot at least 3 times a week in the winter, for maybe 20 or 30 minutes at a time.

Keep in mind I have the luxury of shooting in my backyard. If I had to go somewhere it would be alot less, like maybe twice a week or something like that. From what I have been told most pros don't really practice that much. Quality over quantity is the key I guess.

I don't really call what I do practicing. I just love to shoot, that's all there is to it. Practice would imply that I am making myself do it to reach a certain goal. That is not the case with me. I shoot for the joy of releasing arrows, I just enjoy doing it. I also like to tinker with my bow and set up as well.

Paul
Old 09-28-2004, 05:42 PM

Three to four times a week before season.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I start shooting in late August / early September, usually 3 or 4 times a week. Right now I'm shooting tight groups at 20 yards so I'll probably only shoot once a week from now until I've filled both of my tags. Season opener is Oct 16th.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:28 PM

When Spring finally arrives and the snow has melted and the ground has dried i like to shoot few rounds a couple of nights a week..
But near the end of July begining of August it becomes a nightly ritual.
And i still can't Beat myself
MrBill
Old 09-28-2004, 06:35 PM

3-4 times per week in the off season shooting anywhere from 40-80 arrows. During the season it's as often as possible but only 20-40 shots per session.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:51 PM

Try to everyday. Really hitting the recurve hard. Compound is dialed in and ready to go.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:32 AM

The targets go out in the spring. I try as often as I can, but with work/wife/kids it never seems to be enough.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:06 AM

I shoot 3 times a week till about a month before hunting season. Then i try and shoot every day. I have been shooting nothing but broadheads for the last month.

Quick Reply: how often you practice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.