Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Feed back on the Whisker bisquit? >

Feed back on the Whisker bisquit?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feed back on the Whisker bisquit?

Old 09-28-2004, 08:07 AM

Default Feed back on the Whisker bisquit?

Big self debate on adding the whisker to my equipment just looking for some user feed back pros/cons thanks for your time?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:15 AM

Default RE: Feed back on the Whisker bisquit?

I got my first Whisker Biscuit this year and I love it. This is the first year I've gone hunting but I've been shooting for about four years now, always used a traditional rest. The biscuit lets you draw without worrying about the arrow bouncing off the rest, whether you are using a release or your fingers. The only drawback I've seen is to the fletchings. If your bow is tuned right, it won't be bad, but you probably will notice some streaks start to show up on the fletchings and if you shoot alot, you may need to have the fletchings replaced a bit more often.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:20 AM

do you think it would be better to shoot feathers vs vanes
Old 09-28-2004, 08:25 AM

I shoot vanes but my father-in-law owns an archery shop. I do hear that feathers tend to last a little longer with the biscuit. Be sure to get one of the newer ones with the notch in it for loading your arrow. The full circle ones are good too, but a bit more of a pain to load.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:27 AM

Sorry, dp
Old 09-28-2004, 08:27 AM

Sorry, did it again, kept getting error when submitting.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

I went Biscuit this year and now I wonder why I resisted for so long

I don't seem to have any problems re: fletchings, I'm shooting 4" vanes and have shot each of my arrows 25+ times. I bought my rig at Cabela's (Fred Bear Buckmaster 4000) so I guess the guys there set it up right.

The big plus is that the rest is just so simple- no timing, moving parts, or arrows falling off the rest. As Ron Popeil says: "Just set it, and forget it!"

The downside, some guys talk about the loss of speed. My bow is rated 310fps IBO, so unless my arrows start bouncing off deer I'm not going to think about it.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:05 AM

I went to a whisker biscuit last year and can't brag on it enough. It tunes easier than any rest I have ever had and I am very picky arrow flight. I went to feathers and would suggest deffinately suggest that. They fly great and no wear so far. About 100 shots so far.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been bowhunting over 23yr. And i can honestly say this is the best rest i have ever used!!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Spike

This will be my second year hunting with the Biscuit rest and as long as the company keeps making them I will kkep using it. I get in my stand, nock an arrow and wait without worrying about the arrow in the rest. Brilliant invention and I suggest buying one.

Quick Reply: Feed back on the Whisker bisquit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.