Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OFFICIAL ENTRY FOR TEAM 8 >

OFFICIAL ENTRY FOR TEAM 8

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FOR TEAM 8

Old 09-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default OFFICIAL ENTRY FOR TEAM 8

I was blessed with a early encounter with 2 nice animals within bow range. I had does around me feeding for a couple of hours but all just outside of my shooting lanes. Then a 30 minutes before sundown a shooter 8 point steps out from this swamp 35 yards from my stand. He was bedded the whole time not far from me. He no longer turns and starts heading straight at me and a larger buck walks out 5 yards behind him. I couldn't believe it. The 8 pointer had a tall rack I suspect a 3 year old deer maybe 120 class. He stopped 10 yards in front of me but looking behind me so I never would have had a shot plus the larger buck was 25 yards behind him staring same direction. He kept lip curling trying to scent something. I could not even blink for 17 minutes. Talk about crampage.

The wind was at my face so I knew I was safe for the moment when all of a sudden snorting from behind me. Repeatedly snorting the bucks just stood and stared in that direction behind me to where the snorting was coming from. Then after a few more long minutes the 8 pointer turned around and started walking the opposite direction but still broadside to me at 10 yards. He walked through my shooting lane but the larger buck remained motionless tasting the air.

After a few more minutes the larger buck put his head down and slowly started making his way closer to my stand. He was already in range but pointed directly at me. Then when he reached the same trail the 8 was on he turned the same way. I could not draw cause he would have surely picked me, but when he took a few more steps I came to full draw. When I reached my anchor point I took aim through the peep and his head was already beyond my lane. I quickly gave a mouth grunt and he stopped dead. Now I could only see a the back third of his body but the front third was behind a few small leafy tree twigs.

I sent the Gold tip carbon arrow topped with a 100 gr. Muzzy 3 blade via Bowtech Patriot 72 pounds and I heard a thummm. Not the sound of a arrow hitting bone but the sound of a arrow working its way with a complete pass thru of 2 lungs the nice hollow sound, the buck bounded and I gave another mouth grunt to try and stop him. It worked, and a short time later I heard what sounded like him hitting the ground. Anyway, after saying a prayer to myself I waited for that 8 pointer to move on and I slipped out the back door slowly, and quietly. When I went back he was where I thought he was 30 yards from where I encountered him. Hes not a Boone and Crocket but I couldnt pass him up. He is a magnificent trophy and I was truely thankful for the moment. Now I am in Aw cause it all is does only here on out with bonus tags. WOW . So I will start of the ELITE 8 with a 13 point deer. WHOOO HOOO!!!!!!! He officially grossed 144 2/8. The tag is not well seen in 1 picture I do have it in. I will be honest, when I was taking pics this contest was not fresh in my mind. I do however have the registration tag on the deer in the freezer right now. So if you really want me to post it I can snap shot it, and the game warden lives 5 houses down from me. Its legit! Good Luck to you all.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:40 PM

Default RE: OFFICIAL ENTRY FOR TEAM 8

Congrats on a great deer!! Also thanks for telling it the way you did. Just can't beat a good hunting story! As for taking all doe for now on thats okay, they tend to taste better
Old 09-27-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck. Congrats to you, and to your team as well.

I'm holding out until the rut to shoot my P&Y buck.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

That was a great story and a terrific animal. Congrats to you on becoming a member of the P&Y club! Who knows, maybe you'll see next year's trophy while filling your bonus tags.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:52 PM

What a beautiful buck!! Thanks for the picture and congrats.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow tribal thats a nice deer. good story. congrats
Old 09-27-2004, 08:00 PM

Congrats on your buck. That is one fine looking deer. Have fun with the does from here on out.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:05 PM

Very nice deer.. congrats!!
Old 09-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Awsome!!! Great pic and great story!!! Well done.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOLY HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a nice deer! That rack is cool. What part of mn are you in? I'm moving there!

Congrats

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL ENTRY FOR TEAM 8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.