HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Groundblind Success ! - photos ! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/73956-groundblind-success-photos.html)

CLOUD 9, MN 09-26-2004 08:19 PM

Groundblind Success ! - photos !

One goal I had for this season was to shoot my first deer with my new Double Bull BS-5 groundblind while hunting with my 6 year old son. WE DID IT! This is the second time out this season and saturday afternon we set out. We were there for a couple hours and hadn't seen a thing. You should have seen my son's eyes when he spotted a real big doe at he other end of the foodplot working its way towards us. I admit, I was shaking pretty good. I had my bow back for a good minute.......I needed the deer to take one more step. It did, and I delivered! It took off, and we heard a CRASH and THRASH! A very good sound. We kept hunting and 15 minutes later my son hits me and points, a doe was comming from the other directions. We grabbed the video camera and filmed it at 18 yards. About an hour after we shot, we got out and started our search. With his little mini-mag we found the doe 45 yards from where we shot it! I really wish I would have recorded him telling the story to his MOM. It was really cool!

The does dressed out at 138 lbs. and I must say the Double Bull blind worked well. We could move around without the deer seeing anything. The camo shoot-thru mesh worked like a charm!

CLOUD 9, MN 09-26-2004 08:20 PM

RE: Groundblind Success ! - photos !

The doe

CLOUD 9, MN 09-26-2004 08:21 PM

One more

CLOUD 9, MN 09-26-2004 08:23 PM

I wish I had a 25 yard to 50 yard photo of the ground blind. Its amazing how it dissappeared in the brush. Its hazelbrush and sumac.

buckeye 09-26-2004 08:23 PM

congrats! Sounds like you guys had a blast:)

CLOUD 9, MN 09-26-2004 08:30 PM

If anyone is wondering, this foodplot is a strip of Impreial Clover, a strip of Extreme, and a srtip of rape/turnip mix. Another note is we typically don't ever hunt our foodplots. We leave them as a safe area for the deer. Taking a doe with my son was a special circumstance, but worth the experiance.

Good Luck!

jerry606 09-26-2004 08:38 PM

congrats, thats a whopper of a doe [:-]

RackLuster 09-26-2004 09:06 PM

hey cloud, that is one heck of a doe. Your boy sure looked proud! I can't wait until my son is old enough to come with me, he's only 1.

I've been thinking of buying a ground blind. Double bull's are made in the town I grew up in, so I figure I should support the local economy and get one of theirs.

CLOUD 9, MN 09-26-2004 09:39 PM

Hey Rack.....if you stop in there (Big Lake, MN) you can buy "seconds" at a discounted price. Thats where I got mine.

Goood Luck!

JeramyK 09-26-2004 09:54 PM

Congrats Cloud, nice lookin' doe! :)