HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Groundblind Success ! - photos !
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 08:19 PM
CLOUD 9, MN
Nontypical Buck

Default Groundblind Success ! - photos !

One goal I had for this season was to shoot my first deer with my new Double Bull BS-5 groundblind while hunting with my 6 year old son. WE DID IT! This is the second time out this season and saturday afternon we set out. We were there for a couple hours and hadn't seen a thing. You should have seen my son's eyes when he spotted a real big doe at he other end of the foodplot working its way towards us. I admit, I was shaking pretty good. I had my bow back for a good minute.......I needed the deer to take one more step. It did, and I delivered! It took off, and we heard a CRASH and THRASH! A very good sound. We kept hunting and 15 minutes later my son hits me and points, a doe was comming from the other directions. We grabbed the video camera and filmed it at 18 yards. About an hour after we shot, we got out and started our search. With his little mini-mag we found the doe 45 yards from where we shot it! I really wish I would have recorded him telling the story to his MOM. It was really cool!

The does dressed out at 138 lbs. and I must say the Double Bull blind worked well. We could move around without the deer seeing anything. The camo shoot-thru mesh worked like a charm!